Job Title: Technical Officer - Monitoring & Evaluation/Training
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- The Technical Officer (M&E), under the supervision of the Senior Technical Officer (M&E), is responsible for supporting the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities for the state offices.
- The Technical Officer M&E) will work with others in the country office and field offices to ensure that field monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate, of high quality, and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs. In addition,
- S/he will in responsible for the collating and reporting data related to all technical trainings to the M&E department.
- Work with the country office, zonal-level M&E staff and government counterparts to provide support and guidance on program/project monitoring and evaluation activities and on US Government and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements.
- Provide support to the sites in the zones and state offices, including interacting with site and Disease Program Managers, M&E focal points, M&E officers of NACA/NASCP, SACA/SASCP, NTBLCP/STBLCP, NMCP/SMCP and other Implementing Agencies and local research groups on needs and ensuring that these parties understand and can support these requirements.
- Work with zonal and state offices and local partners to support the correct implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete, correct and timely reporting.
- Contribute to the design and technical development of monitoring and evaluation initiatives at national and state level. Provide related capacity building support at zonal and state level.
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to zonal and state offices and project sites, including the conduct of data quality assessments (DQAs) using official tools; assist in the preparation of monthly reports, and provide supportive supervision.
- Help ensure that the quality of program/project activities adheres to SOPs by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality of all program interventions.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the computerized data capture of program activities and provides technical assistance and training to the staff at the zonal offices responsible for data entry and management. Provide technical assistance to M&E officers of NACA/NASCP, SACA/SASCP, NTBLCP/STBLCP and NMCP/SMCP in integrating FHI data into the national HMIS.
- Assesses training needs and identify competency skills. Confers with management and staff to determine training objectives for employees and implementing agency staff.
- Plan FHI360 training calendar to eliminate overlaps and identify areas for feasible harmonization of trainings organized across the organization.
- Work with FHI360 HR Unit and M&E Department to manage the organization’s Learning Management System (LMS), gathering and analyzing training/workshop evaluation and attendance data for reporting to the various donors.
- Develop training tracking tools (standard attendance sheets, training data summary sheets e.t.c) and assist M&E unit and Programs Management in setting up a good training reporting systems and archiving of Means of verification (MoVs).
- Provide technical advice to resolve training-related problems and improve training processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 1 to 3 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Or MPH or MS/MA in relevant degree with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Or BS/BA in Statistics, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Monitoring and Evaluation or in relevant degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Very competitive compensation package.
27th November, 2016.