Job Title: Technical Project Manager
- The Technical Project Manager (GIS) supports planning, execution and monitoring technical projects within eHA’s Geographic information systems (GIS) Department.
- S/he supports project management activities to achieve successful project completion.
- S/he is responsible for day to day management of dedicated project teams; supports the design and development of project specific GIS documentations and performs a variety of GIS-related technical tasks as directed by the GIS Department Manager.
- Plans and coordinates GIS project activities and ensures the timely implementation of projects. Ensures that project deliverables meet quality standards and business requirements.
- Develops, coordinates, and monitors projects plans to include key milestones, timelines and resources.
- Works with external consultants for smooth project implementation.
- Supervises the project teams.
- Organizes and assigns tasks to each team member and ensures proper preparations are made.
- Ensures proper work methods, techniques and compliance with applicable standards and specifications.
- Ensures project documents are safely archived following project completion.
- Resolves project and technical issues, seeking opportunities for innovation and enhancing efficiency of project delivery.
- Supervises staff to perform and complete designated projects.
- Provides reports to the GIS Department Manager including presentations regarding GIS needs, solutions and GIS project recommendations.
- Supports business development activities within the department (e.g. proposal writing).
- Performs any other duties assigned by Management.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- May frequently travel between company work-sites.
- Some international travel may be required.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Reacts well under pressure.
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Responds well to supervisor requests and feedback.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Attends and participates in annual strategic planning meetings, country management meetings, staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Master’s degree in Geographic Information Systems, Surveying and Geoinformatics, Geography, Computer Science or other GIS related field.
- 5+ years of GIS development and minimum of 2 years management experience
- Significant and advanced GIS experience may substitute for the Master’s degree.
- Strong project management skills, including experience preparing scopes, schedules, and budgets for proposals and projects.
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective teams, ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making.
- Training and presentation experience is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Pays great attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- In-depth knowledge of GIS, databases, GIS principles, practices and techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information technology with the ability to perform detailed and independent technical reviews of work products.
- Creativity and the ability to successfully manage multiple assignments independently.
- Ability to work under pressure, and manage significant travel to insecure environments.
- Proven ability to work with diverse and large teams and to foster a positive working environment with local and international stakeholders
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively communicate via writing, public speaking and interpersonal interactions.
- Good learning ability.
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment
Certification and Licenses
- GISP Certification through GIS Certification Institute is preferred.
- A Project Management (PMI) certification or PRINCE2 is preferred
- Working knowledge of open Source GIS (QGIS, PostGIS and Geoserver), data transformation tools (FME Desktop, Kettle and python) and Commercial GIS (ArcInfo, ArcView, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox), ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server.
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyse, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executive and senior managers, employees, the general public and clients/partners.