Job Title: University Registrar
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and is responsible for the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University.
- The Registrar is also Secretary to the Governing Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
Candidate for this post must:
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in any relevant discipline with at least second class lower division from a recognized university and possession of Master's degree in any relevant discipline will be an added advantage;
- Be a member of relevant professional bodies such as ANUPA, NIM or CIA;
- Have at least 15 years cognate experience in University administration/any other tertiary Institution
- Have spent a minimum of Five (5) years as deputy registrar in a University or any other Tertiary Institutions;
- Have a good understanding of the vision and mission of the University;
- Be competent at all times to advise the Vice-Chancellor on all matters affecting the policy and administration of the University;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and team building skills and possess the ability to build bridges between staff, students and other members of the University community and stakeholders;
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills and likely to command respect of members of staff, students and University community;
- Be in a position to ensure the enforcement of the University Laws and Regulations;
- Be ICT compliant; and
- Not be more than Sixty (60) years of age on assumption of duty
- The Candidate must show verifiable evidence of consummate management and leadership positions.
- The candidate must have held high administrative offices in an institution of Higher Learning.
- He must be in good health.
- In addition, the candidate should possess excellent communication skills and inter-personal relations and be ready to work in a team. The Registrar shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years.
- The remuneration and conditions of service for the post of the Registrar are as applicable in all Federal Universities and as determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
21st December, 2016.
Method of Application
1) Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit Fifteen type-written copies of their application letters and Curriculum Vitae in an envelope addressed to the:
Vice-Chancellor,2) The post applied for must be clearly written at the top right hand corner of the envelope. The application must include academic and professional qualifications, Birth Certificate or Statutory Declaration of Age, list of publications, where applicable, verifiable evidence of work experience and Curriculum Vitae that includes the following information:
Federal University Otuoke,
- Full Name
- Post Desired
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- E-mail Address
- Telephone Number
- Marital Status
- Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Academic Qualifications (with dates)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates)
- Work Experience, General and Specific Experiences (with dates)
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Candidates should request their referees to send, under confidential cover, their independent reports to the Vice-Chancellor with full details of the applicant and the post applied for not later than the closing date stated above. The reference letter should be marked "Confidential" on the right hand corner of the envelope.