Job Title: Northern Nigeria Crisis Response - Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Coordinator
- The conflict in Nigeria’s northeast, provoked by Boko Haram, has resulted in a growing humanitarian crisis with an estimated 7 million people in need of emergency assistance and at least 1.8 million Internally Displaced Persons.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food security.
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 20 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- The WASH Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to manage and support all WASH activities for three sites of the new liberated government areas (LGAs) - Dikwa, Bama and Gwoza – with potential for additional sites.
- Under the supervision of the Response Team Coordinator, the WASH Coordinator will manage all activities related to WASH in compliance with sector coordination group and SPHERE standards.
- Provides technical support and manages WASH activities for three project sites.
- Provides technical guidance in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and interventions for the project.
- Provides technical guidance and capacity strengthening for field project site WASH officers and Environmental Health Officers.
- Monitors and maintains protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports.
- Conducts analysis of program implementation to identify areas for improvement and propose appropriate technical strategy and guidelines.
- Prepares reports and papers summarizing project results.
- Provides leadership and team building.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports.
- Ability to problem solve and implements corrective action as needed.
- Ability to respond to dynamic, evolving situations.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- Typically requires 5-8 years of project management and technical assistance experience.
- Experience implementing WASH programming in humanitarian/crisis response projects required.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company.