CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on health, vulnerable children, agriculture, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
Job Title: Accountability Manager
- CRS Nigeria is committed to integrating accountability mechanisms to communities throughout its programming portfolio and; as such, seeks an Accountability Manager to help implement the newly developed Accountability Framework and other related priorities.
- The Accountability Manager will ensure that practical and effective mechanisms for accountability to beneficiaries and communities are integrated at the CP level and into programs through capacity building support and implementation. The role will also prioritize the deployment and use of a new accountability software system for the CP and across projects.
- No direct supervision
- The position will require a significant amount of coordination across CP projects.
- Technical Assistance & Program Guidance:
- Provide technical assistance to ensure that accountability is integrated throughout the project cycle (design, implementation, and M&E) across CP programming.
- Be a champion and resource person for the accountability policies and procedures in the agency’s newly developed MEAL policies and procedures.
- Provide training and guidance for project staff on relevant accountability issues.
- Share resources and information with staff on accountability.
- Build capacity of staff to mainstream and develop accountability practices and mechanisms into programming, applying principles as outlined by Sphere, agency MEAL polices and other key guidelines.
- Lead the roll-out and testing of the accountability/feedback tracking software.
- Lead the training of CP and partner staff on use of the accountability/feedback software as may be necessary
- Lead and support the development of communication materials for beneficiaries on CP and project feedback mechanisms.
- Integrate principles of protection and fraud reporting into project and CP feedback mechanisms.
- In conjunction with project teams, develop a process to solicit feedback from key project stakeholders.
- Design and provide feedback to the proposal development process on strengthening accountability measures.
- Liaise with HQ/Regional MEAL Team on strengthening accountability measures and CP framework.
- Act as content expert on donor accountability requirements.
- Develop and maintain dashboard analysis for reporting in complaint mechanism.
- Incorporate, where necessary, cross cutting themes such as protection, gender and disability in designing, implementing and reporting accountability
- Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries:
- Be the primary point-person for the CP hotline.
- Develop standard talking point processes to manage various feedback scenarios (ie: if an individual would like to remain anonymous, etc.).
- Assess how beneficiaries and communities would like to receive information about CRS and its projects, and ensure that the required information is regularly shared.
- Support project consultation with beneficiaries and communities on feedback mechanisms that are appropriate, effective, accessible and safe.
- Ensure that beneficiaries and communities participate in a meaningful way at every stage of the program cycle, from design to M&E.
- Monitor the effectiveness and relevance of the accountability mechanisms and practices put in place.
- Support partner organizations in setting up accountability mechanisms (as applicable).
- Support the sub-offices in managing, receiving and acting on feedback through the identified CP mechanism.
- Support the set-up of feedback hotlines and helpdesks, and provide training and monitoring to relevant staff on receiving. logging and handling feedback and complaints.
- Ensure that feedback is routinely recorded, reviewed and acted upon in line with feedback mechanisms guidelines.
- Compile monthly and Quarterly feedback reports for CP MT and ensure all complaints and major issues are followed up and addressed in a timely manner.
- Generate timely reports on work planned and completed.
- Ensure that feedback is integrated into regular program planning, implementation, M&E and reporting.
- Participate in internal and external meetings related to humanitarian accountability
- Conduct periodic field visit for establishing/overseeing accountability systems in place and provide necessary support needed
- Design and Perform Accountability based assessments
- Provide orientation of staff to and align projects with donor focused or global humanitarian principles and guidelines, as and when needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Community Development, or other relevant subject area. Holders of post-graduate certificates have an added advantage.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with NGOs or government agencies in planning and implementation of accountability programming in humanitarian or development programs.
- Experience in participatory rural development, and in developing community accountability in projects and programs.
- Experience working with communities and CSOs at the grass roots level.
- Capacity Building experience required.
- Knowledgeable in participatory and rural development processes.
- Acceptance of cultural differences in a continuously changing environment.
- Knowledge of principles and best practice in protection mainstreaming and community accountability in development and humanitarian work, including HAP standard.
- Strong understanding of referral processing (to be used to strengthen staff awareness and understanding on agency policies of protection and fraud).
- Good understanding of project planning, reporting, M&E and participatory approaches.
- Excellent understanding of local NGOs and government system, with knowledge and appreciation of the vision and mission of CRS.
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written English skills.
- Very good listening and facilitation skills – capable of facilitating group discussions with program participants, communities, local officials, partners and all levels of staff.
- Ability to appropriately manage sensitive situations and information.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and influencing skills.
- Calm demeanor to be able to solicit and receive varying types of feedback from stakeholders.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suite of programs.
- Strong skills in mentoring and coaching peers
- Proficiency in multiple Nigerian languages and dialects a plus to be able to engage with stakeholders across CRS Nigeria’s geographically expansive programming areas.
- Must be able to respect the privacy, sensitivity and confidentiality of the type of information individual may come across in this role.
19th December, 2016
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: NG_HR@global.crs.org Title of the position must be stated as the subject of the email.
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)