Job Title: Administration Officer NOA Damaturu
- To support the delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative services that enable staff in country/location operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
- Contribute to a WFP country plan, including administrative processes, aligned with country and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration services.
- Support the development of annual plans and implementation of policies, systems and procedures to support WFP strategic objectives.
- Collate data and prepare data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.
- Support management of existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) and assist in identification of new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
- Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy.
- Support a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
- Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Maintain the partnership with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Other as required.
- University degree in Business/Public Administration, Engineering, or other relevant field relating to office management and administration.
- At least two years of postgraduate professional experience in administration, and in providing coaching or training to new staff members within area of expertise; demonstrated a high level of proficiency in WFP administrative operating standards in day to day work.
- Fluency (level C) in English language. Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable
2nd December, 2016
- WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job.
- Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information on academic qualifications, employment record and language skills.
- WFP will only consider academic credentials and degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.
Click here to get more information