Job Title: Associate Professor
- The duties of the academic staff will include Teaching, Research, Supervision of Junior Colleagues and Clinical assignments where applicable.
- Candidates for the position of Associate Professor must demonstrate clear evidence of scholarship through considerable academic publications in the specialty; and as well have at least eight (8) years Post-Doctoral qualification experience in Teaching/Research in a University.
- Candidates should have demonstrable capacity to participate in inter/multi-disciplinary research, ability to provide academic leadership, in addition to reasonable administrative experience.
- The Appointments which will be on permanent basis would commence as soon as possible. Appointees would be on probation for the first two (2) years and would be considered for confirmation to retiring age thereafter, subject to satisfactory performance.
- Fringe benefits and other Allowances are comparable to what obtains in existing Colleges of Medicine in the Country. Other conditions of Service are as stated in the Conditions of Service guiding Senior Staff of Lagos State University.
- CONUASS 06: N2,053,124.00 – N2,684,096.00
21st December, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit thirty (30) copies of their applications including certificates and other relevant credentials and curriculum vitae which should contain the following:
- Names in full (Surname First)
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Address
- Current Postal Address
- Candidate’s E-mail address and Telephone Number(s)
- Nationality and Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Academic/Professional Qualifications (with dates and Institutions)
- Statement of Experience, including full details of former and present position
- Current Research
- List of Publications
- Other activities outside Current Employment
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees
- Proposed date of availability for duty, if appointed
- Applicants should please include three (3) self-addressed envelopes with N50.00 stamp on each.
Applicants should please forward their Applications with supporting documents to:
Lagos State University,
- Candidates should indicate the position applied for and the department at the top left hand corner of the envelopes containing their applications.
- Candidates should request their referees to forward reference letters on their behalf directly to the address above.