Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Protocol/Custom) G4 Abuja
- To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
- Develop and maintain contact with Government Officials (Foreign Affairs, Plan and Budget, Finances) for the coordination of imports permits authorization and their implementation
- Organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for shipments (received/sent)
- Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions on the import of food and non-food items
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Coordinate with shipping /freight forward agencies and customs agents for clearance international deliveries.
- Assist international staff members in their settlement and the import of personal shipments.
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
02 December, 2016
- WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job.
- Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information on academic qualifications, employment record and language skills.
- Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.