Job Title: Production Shift Manager
- To provide overall direction to production scheduling, dispensing, manufacturing and packaging team in a Value stream concept in OTC factory.
- To be responsible for the effective management of all activities/functions related to production process/equipment validation, production equipment calibration and new process installation and transfer.
- To maintain good labour/industrial relations within the production function.
- Plan, organize and monitor all aspect of production of medicine including manufacturing and packaging to meet monthly / annual supply plans, budgets, safety standards and acceptable quality.
- Ensure the generation and effective treatment of Picklist, Batch records and Work Orders.
- Control product cost through effective labour utilization and pragmatic equipment and facilities management.
- Supervise the disposal of all controlled substance / drugs in line with existing regulations.
- Actively participate in all production activities involved in New Product Introduction, New Packaging Material Development and New Process Installation.
- Coordinate all Manufacturing and Packaging Process / Equipment Validation in accordance with Validation Master Plan. This includes data generation, collation and logical interpretation.
- Ensure timely calibration of all Production equipment and ensure appropriate actions are taken on out of order equipment.
- Provide effective technical training to all production personnel on technical aspects of manufacturing and GMP.
- Regularly review and/or update SOPs to reflect current practices within the production areas.
- Support and ensure compliance to QMS and EHS policies and standards in order to minimize accidents and quality failures.
- B Pharm
- At least three (3) years experience in a manufacturing industry.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills
- Good initiative, drive & confidence in problem solving
- Leadership and team building potential
- Ability to work under pressure
- Computer literate.
- GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
- All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK.
- The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK.
- GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.