UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist, NOC
- To provide overall technical guidance to the programme sections on monitoring; and specifically manage the rolling out of the Humanitarian Performance Monitoring (HPM) system in the North-East of Nigeria and ensure all the UNICEF program sections receive regular data/information on the progress and quality of UNICEF's humanitarian response in the form of periodic reports and other channels as may be necessary.
- Supporting the programme sections in humanitarian planning and managing the implementation of Humanitarian Performance Monitoring (HPM) at the Borno Zonal office level,
- Develop quarterly (or more frequent as need be) Independent monitoring plan, detailing what needs to be monitored, by whom, frequency and how and describing the sampling methodology and population targeted (i,e, IDPs camps, Returning affected communities, etc.)
- Prepare quarterly (or more frequently as need be) monitoring report on the progress towards expected results and specific indicators of intervention, bottleneck and barriers and status on end-users supply;
- Manage a team of National monitoring consultants, and ensure tools and approach are uniformly implemented across the team.
- Ensure application of the tools and workflows to collect data needed for monitoring results from UNICEF's response, including with a view towards reporting for HAC, HRP, SitReps and donor updates.
- Strengthen capacity of UNICEF partners and 3rd Party consultants working for UNICEF in monitoring results and quality of humanitarian response and facilitate capacity strengthening of the UNICEF team on humanitarian planning, performance monitoring and needs assessment.
- Work closely with emergency team in the CO and programme sections in Maiduguri office to strengthen field monitoring (adjusting tools to changing needs; deployment of teams; follow up on key actions; training of field teams) as a systematic approach to get feedback on quality of services, bottlenecks in implementation; equity of use/access; and unintended negative impacts and follow up to track and ensure that the information generated is used by the management for corrective actions.
- Provide technical support to any inter-agency assessments, surveys and evaluations, especially for UNICEF led sectors as part of Inter-Agency Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) and any other initiatives aiming to collect data on the situation of women and children.
- Work closely with programme sections to collect data for periodic SitReps on the situation of affected populations reached by UNICEF and needs/gaps based on programme implementation monitoring reports by UNICEF partners and field monitoring report by UNICEF consultants.
- Progressively build the M&E capacity of both the UNICEF staff and consultants on M&E and work towards building routine systems for program intervention monitoring by all sections
- Any additional tasks that may be assigned to him/her related to the emergency response in the CO, as agreed by the Chief of M&E.
- University degree (Master's or equivalent) in Development Studies, Demography, Statistics, Economics or Management studies with relevant work experience
- A minimum of 5 years' experience with either the UN and/or in a any reputable international NGO- with expertise in demography, statistics, and/or information management
- Familiar with M&E frameworks and tools used in humanitarian contexts with specific reference to partners' reporting, field monitoring and situation monitoring
- Working knowledge of human rights, gender equality and diversity awareness and experience in undertaking disaggregated data/equity gap analysis
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is essential and ability to speak local language (Hausa) will be preferred.
- Working with People
- Drive for Result
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Planning and Organizing
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
8th December, 2016.