Job Title: Payroll Leader, West Africa
- Payroll Leader is responsible for the quality delivery of payroll processes to the GE businesses through an outsource payroll platform.
- The incumbent will have an in-depth knowledge of GE Payroll & Benefits systems, processes and procedures and also of national legislative rules.
- The person will promote “Best in Class” Service while working cross-functionally with internal teams.
- Advise on difficult and sometimes complex questions/requests from employees, managers and the HR community concerning payments, allowances and tax treatments in a professional, courteous & timely manner
- Review payroll entries and files to ensure they meet the necessary quality & compliance requirements
- Preparation of reporting & associated statistics
- Participate in internal & external payroll audits
- Deal with operational issues and process failures, identifying and implementing appropriate solutions.
- Develop action plan to mitigate operational risks or resolve escalated issues
- Proactively seek customer feedback to identify areas for simplification, standardization and productivity within assigned process.
- Drive process improvement projects and implementation with a focus on customer satisfaction and standardization
- Build and share knowledge of area of expertise by continuously keeping up to date with internal and external updates and changes
- Ensure compliance with internal regulations and external legislation
- Ensure that high standards of accuracy and quality are maintained with appropriate controls in place, taking accountability for compliance with relevant legal and GE policy requirements
- Develop a strong working relationship with the GE HR community through proactive facilitation & improvement of HR processes, ensuring effective communication and early identification of requirements & any issues
- Support complex global acquisition and disposition processes
- A Bachelors degree in Finance from an accredited university
- 5 - 8 years of experience in reward and benefits
- Core understanding of Payroll & Benefits processes
- Solid experience in Nigerian, and other West African country payrolls, legislated benefits & tax practices
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate completion dates clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any legal restriction in Nigeria
- Strong analytical and clear thinking skills;
- Ability to identify trends and implement process improvements
- Attention to detail and strong planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong customer focus
- Ability to meet tough deadlines and able to work flexible when required