Job Title: School Secretary
- A school secretary performs a variety of clerical, secretarial, and other minor administrative functions required for the operation of school sites and other instructional programs; performs other related duties as required.
- Demonstrate an excellent secretarial skills, general bookkeeping skills, organizational and filing skills, and the ability to use electronic equipment for word processing, data management, information retrieval, visual presentations, and telecommunications.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office or an equivalent computer program.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Demonstrate appropriate telephone etiquette, with proper voice inflection.
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents and the community, including difficult and emotional situations.
- Organize and maintain an efficient and effective office that handles a variety of tasks for the administration, faculty, students, and parents of the school.
- Perform secretarial and clerical tasks of a varied nature. Many tasks will require a thorough knowledge of the rules and regulations of the school and school system and the frequent exercise of independent judgment within the scope of the authority granted by the Principal.
- Maintain a current school calendar of events and use of facilities.
- Maintain efficient and well organized electronic and paper data collection and filing systems, including confidential student and personnel files.
- Arrange appointments and maintain a schedule for the Principal and assigned staff.
- Make announcements and operate the school intercom systems.
- Assist the Principal in the preparation of reports and documents by creating graphics and displays, using word processing and data management, creating an attractive presentation, copying, collating, and distributing final products.
- Create forms, compile and organize data and information necessary for the efficient operation of the office, the completion of required district and State data collections, and the completion of the Principal’s responsibilities. Complete all required monthly and yearly end reports in a timely fashion.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Maintain inventories of books, materials, and equipment of the school.
- Supervise assigned secretarial and clerical assistants.
- Create and maintain a clean, attractive, orderly, safe, and efficient office environment.
- Distribute mail and handle correspondence of the office, responding to routine requests for information, and transcribing, word processing, and proofing letters and responses.
- Type, reproduce and distribute notices to staff, students and parents.
- Ensure that all communications from the office meet proper written and oral English standards.
- Act as a receptionist, greeting visitors, answering telephone calls in a pleasant and efficient manner, and communicating effectively in routine, sensitive, and confidential matters.
- Register new students, secure appropriate student records, maintain confidential student records, and transfer records for students moving to other schools.
- Maintain attendance data for each staff member.
- Prepare attendance reports, coordinated with payroll data, as required.
- Have a minimum of HND
- Minimum of two years of successful experience in a related secretarial or office position,
- Graduate of a recognized program of secretarial studies.
31st January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's to: email@example.com