Job Title: Travel and Logistics Specialist- (SS & SE Nigeria)
- The ideal candidate will provide local level security support for GE personnel and locations in the Niger delta and South East Sites due to heightened security concerns in the region
- Provide security logistics support to GE businesses to ensure that all our actions and activities are assessed and security risks minimized to ALARP
- Provide local level information gathering, analysis and dissemination to serve as an early warning mechanism and reduce GE exposure to security incidents and concerns
- Maintain interface with GE travelers and businesses to ensure SCM Team knows who is where in the region
- Provide ongoing security awareness training to GE personnel working and traveling to the region
- Provide incident management support and first level reporting in the region
- Support security and logistics planning and implementation
- Point of contact for security matters for GE EEs and visitors in the region
- Journey management planning for all road trips the region
- Support implementation of all incident response procedures by our security consultants
- Support implementation of GE security management processes in the region
- Liaise with GE’s security providers in the region
- Conduct and support training and security orientation for GE staff working and travelling in the region
- Plan JM for project personnel in the region
- Provide incident reports and updates to Nigeria SCM Team
- Provide information to the SCM Team on local community issues and potential threats
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant course of study
- Professional attitude promoting the GE Beliefs
- Communication skills necessary for interacting with personnel in and outside organizations.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member or independently.
- Ability to produce accurate and timely reports within a strict reporting framework.
- Must be creative, imaginative and stable in character, well organized and have power of persuasion, capable to interface with management, law enforcement agencies and other stakeholders
- Effective in communications, analytical, good multi-tasking skill, must understand security thinking
- Tactical thinker
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria.
Location: Rivers (Port Harcourt)