Job Title: e-Health Advisor
- Palladium is seeking an eHealth Advisor who will have technical responsibility for adapting and deploying relevant e- and m-health software applications to support tracking of family planning services, commodity use and personnel training at facility and state levels.
- He / She will possess very strong competencies in programming and developing software solutions. The eHealth Advisor will work closely with members of the existing Palladium software development teams and will interact with local partner and project consortium members? staff, international technical staff, and Federal and State Ministries of Health.
- The eHealth Advisor will report directly to the Project Director and will provide support in all areas of design of information systems, software coding, application development, and database development responsibilities.
- The Senior Technical Manager will be responsible for architecting applications as required, estimating development efforts, performing development tasks and following software development best practices.
- The employee will also be expected to participate in coding and other development tasks.
- Collaborate with M&E team and/or designated staff to develop and implement data systems improvements
- Conduct activities and support field-staff to ensure the data collection systems are appropriate to collect information necessary to meet the contractual obligations
- Collaborate with M&E Coordinators and provide technical assistance as needed to manage data collection necessary to fulfil reporting obligations for USAID and GON
- Oversee the application customization and implementation for DHIS2 and other relevant software solutions
- Work in collaboration with the project M&E team to analyze data and comply with reporting and project requirements
- Maintain central project and State Ministry of Health servers and databases
- Represent SIFPO2 on committees and working groups concerned with the area of expertise
- Perform detailed technical testing of project e- and mHealth software
- Ensure all project requirements and/or objectives are properly documented in a Business case and briefing materials
- Provide overall technical leadership and partner with management, the Project Manager/Business Analyst, and other .Net Developers to deliver high-quality project initiatives
- Lead the architecture and design for software products as specified
- Oversee the application design, development, and implementation
- Oversee development for both the Front and Back End of applications
- Provide programming leadership and software best practices for the project
- Participate in coding/implement software design components
- Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned
- 5+ years of direct, applicable work experience
- Healthcare domain experience (Preferred)
- Proficiency in .Net with solid object oriented skills
- Knowledge of Database design / Structure for large scale organizations
- Experience in Android development, mobile programming, HTML5 (Desired)
- JDK (Java development toolkit), Android SDK (includes emulator), Eclipse for Java developers, ADT (Android Development Toolkit) plugin for Eclipse (Desired)
- Familiarity with data import/export to/from various formats
- Experience in Source Code Management
- Experience with implementing software design components including coding, code documentation, unit testing, debugging
- Technical and user documentation skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent (preferred; relevant experience may be substituted)
- Excellent communication skills (Email, Skype, Telephonic)
- Must be able to travel locally within Nigeria
- Local Nigeria nationals only
- This is a full-time position for a duration of 6 months (April-September 2017)