Job Title: Sales Manager (Nigeria & Ghana)
- Responsible for contributing to the achievement of SAS’s strategic corporate and business unit objectives through the implementation of sales and marketing strategy within a defined region or industry.
- Responsible for achievement of total software revenue target and management business objectives (MBOs)
- Plans and implements growth plans for software, consulting services, and education services.
- Directs management of sales and sales support activities for staff members to implement growth plans and sales activities.
- Develop and implement marketing, sales and business development plans to exceed target levels.
- Generate new business through strategic-based selling and managing relationships with key customers.
- Assigns appropriate sales goals and assignments to sales staff; determines optimal utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals.
- Responsible for communication with sales management team to coordinate account strategies.
- Responsible for hiring, directing and evaluating staff.
- Works in conjunction with the Strategic Pricing Group to negotiate contracts and bids.
- Formulate business plan to support the business development process.
- Determines equitable sales assignments.
- Responsible for timely and accurate forecasting (PTG) of software, consulting services, and education services.
- Ensures team alignment toward BASE sales approach and utilization of Orion, Account Plans and Opportunity Plan development.
- Coordinates resources for specified sales methodology and promotes and reinforces BASE selling concepts. Note: If not BASE replace Solution with Strategic.
- Leads sales representatives in meeting goals in day-to-day performance.
- Interprets sales policies, advises sales executives in the handling of complicated sales and policy issues, and emphasizes the requirement for use of divisionally-adopted sales methodologies.
- Accurately forecasts new and renewal sales on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Hires and is very involved in early and on-going training of new sales executives.
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic sales techniques and principles specifically in the hardware and software industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least three industries and/or market segments. Knowledge of corporate/government software or hardware acquisition cycles.
- Strong leadership, supervisory, and interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or quantitative field
- Minimum 8 (eight) years of experience in software sales, including 2 (two) years in a leadership role, coordinating and/or supervising technical projects within the technology industry.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully achieving a sales target
- Customer and relationship focus
- Financial Results Focus
- Ability to innovate and drive innovation within the organization
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Structured decision making process
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to operationalize Strategy, and drive change within the organization