Job Title: Associate Director, TB and Integrated Medical Services
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- Provide technical leadership in the delivery of TB, TB-HIV and integrated medical services like malaria, noncommunicable/cardiovascular diseases, cervical cancer screening at SIDHAS supported sites.
- With the Director, Prevention, Care and Treatment plan and coordinate technical assistance to implement high quality services in the field of TB, TB-HIV, malaria, cardiovascular diseases and cervical cancer screening at SIDHAS supported sites.
- Supervise Senior Technical Officers and clinical service officers in the unit as assigned.
- Provide technical assistance to Senior Technical officers in Zonal Offices in the field of TB, malaria, cardiovascular diseases and other non-communicable diseases.
- With the Director, Prevention, Care and Treatment develop or review guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, evaluation of management and clinical monitoring in the field of TB, malaria, cardiovascular diseases and other non-communicable diseases.
- Work in close collaboration with other Associate Directors in the Prevention, Care and Treatment Department and contribute to an integrated implementation of HIV/AIDS, TB and other medical services.
- Contribute to the documentation of lessons learned from interventions related to the management if diseases in the field of TB, malaria, cardiovascular diseases and other non-communicable diseases.
- Represent FHI/Nigeria, as assigned, in meetings with partners and government officials on issues of in the field of TB, malaria, cardiovascular diseases and other non-communicable diseases.
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of in the field of TB, malaria, cardiovascular diseases and other non-communicable diseases by reviewing current literature and stay alert to any implication of such experience and research for department activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 7 to 9 years post national youth service experience with a minimum of 5 years progressive experience in care, treatment and support for HIV/AIDS, malaria, cardiovascular diseases and Tuberculosis in resource constrained settings.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required.
- Experience in project development with proven experience in the planning and facilitation of training is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system, donor agencies, NGOs and CBOs is also required.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around service provision and the clinical management of HIV/AIDS, TB, malaria, cardio-vascular diseases and other non-communicable diseases.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
31st March, 2017.