Job Title: Associate Manager, Finance
- The Associate Manager, Finance (Nigeria) will work closely with the Global Controllership Team to provide financial leadership with regards to the accounting and tax compliance in Nigeria.
- This person will be accountable for all the accounting and reporting for Nigeria books of accounts for Greenlight Planet.
- He or she will be also responsible for ensuring compliance on local laws and regulations and accounting as per local GAAP.
Closure of books and audits:
- Ensuring accurate month-close/quarter-close and year-close processes and manage all financial reporting responsibilities
- Lead closure of all statutory and tax audits, external and internal audits
- Finalization of the financial statements and perform the required analytical review of the financial statements
- Discuss audit queries and close all issues raised by the auditors
- Manage tax and overall account reconciliations to ensure the balance sheet is stated accurately
- Responsible for ensuring accounting in accordance with local GAAP and US GAAP
Taxes and local compliance:
- Manage all direct and indirect tax filings, reporting, analysis and all of its underlying processes
- Be the lead for all Transfer pricing assessments, filings, reporting and processes
- Responsible for liaising with the Service provider for getting the Transfer pricing study completed on a yearly basis
- Responsible for preparing the necessary Tax reporting package on a quarterly basis for provision of all the status updates to Global finance team
- Responsible for ensuring that the correct with-holding tax rate has been used for deducting the tax for all the required heads and all relevant items have been included for with-holding tax deduction
- Responsible for liaising with the service provider for getting statutory remittances done on time for NSF, Pension and other related items
- Responsible for maintenance of the monthly Compliance Dashboard and to ensure that all statutory payments are made on time
- Partner with global finance team to execute finance initiatives across organization as required from time to time
- Drive visibility into variable cost accounting, variable cost productivity, project margins analysis and other key financial metrics.
- Responsible for creation of masters with all the relevant information of the customers and vendors and maintenance of necessary documents for them
- Lead the process of employee reimbursements
- Ensure all local secretarial compliances are done on time
- ACA / CPA / MBA Finance qualification from a recognised institution
- 4-6 years relevant work experience in Controllership, accounting or taxation practices
- Relevant work experience with an audit firm or Multinational corporation
- Excellent analytical skills, able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
- Clear thinking/problem solving ability- can lead projects/process improvement within operations/finance function
- Ability to break down complex issues into simpler steps and resolve them
- Fluency in both written and spoken English language
- Excellent presentation skills and strong executive presence
- Ability to prioritize & promote teamwork
- Willingness to participate and engage in operations in addition to finance
- Excellent grasp over MS Excel and MS power point
- Flexibility and a willingness to stretch and achieve over and above base expectations.
- We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
- Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Location: Lagos, Nigeria