Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, USA we serve customers globally via a network of more than 600 distributors and approximately 6,500 dealer locations in 190 countries. In 2013, we reported net income of $1.48 billion on sales of $17.3 billion.
Job Title: Business Development Management (BDM)
- Manages customer relationships to achieve sales goals and executing sales plans within an assigned sales territory or account.
- Sells company products and services by developing new prospects and accounts.
- Achieves sales targets and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Develops relationships to generate customer goodwill and loyalty.
- Conducts negotiations according to company guidelines.
- Identifies, researches, and contacts prospective customers and builds positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business.
- Responds to customer concerns about the company and its products.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to less experienced sales representatives.
- Drives utilization of Cummins tools and processes (i.e. Customer Relationship Management, Customer focus Six Sigma).
- Focus On Customer Needs - Able to leverage network of customer contacts to attain customer specific information that will provide useful in making informed business decisions and increase understanding of customer needs.
- Account Planning - Is able to develop strategies to grow business, formulate marketing plans, identify support needs and measure progress. Understands what strategies need to be put in place to strengthen customer relationships. Uses the Customer Market Profitability tools (such as OEM Supply Agreement CORP 04-05-00-00) that support account planning as well as customer loyalty NPS tools and process.
- Sales Calls - Able to formulate sales call plans, conduct calls according to plans, gather information and negotiate terms of sale. Able to coach others.
- Manage Customer Relationships - Manages customer interactions and relationships to maximize sales opportunities. Utilizes appointment and customer contact management software. Able to coach others to develop effective contact management habits. Consistently demonstrates ability to establish rapport, meet commitments, and develop effective working relationships with customers.
- Sales Negotiations - Able to identify negotiating tactics used by customers and how to manage them. Familiar with Customer Market Profitability tools (such as OEM Supply Agreement CORP 04-05-00-00) that can be utilized during negotiations. Can recognize the balance of power within a negotiation and has the skills to alter that balance. Drives toward collaborative relationships (i.e. win/win relationships).
- College, university, or equivalent degree in marketing, sales or a related subject or equivalent industry experience required.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience required.
Location: Lagos Nigeria