Job Title: New Business Development Manager
- Identifying and successfully capitalising on funding opportunities with major funders of local and international sexual and reproductive health programming.
- Research and analyse donor calls for funding applications including tenders, expressions of interest and requests for proposals. This includes identifying funding opportunities for MSION – either as a prime or subcontractor.
- Develop and write successful, high quality funding proposals and budgets as agreed by the Programme Director and SMT
- Develop partnerships with external institutions working on reproductive health to meet and share best practices.
- Ensure that new business efforts are of the highest possible quality, maximizing their potential to lead to successful awards, by managing and improving systems that will support the development of high-quality proposals (early identification of opportunities, adherence to new business policies).
- Contribute to strategic planning and positioning in response to donor and international development trends.
- In collaboration with Programme Director, Knowledge and Documentation Manager, RME Manger alongside SMT, identify opportunities to market to donors and potential partners through tailored marketing materials and activities such as brown bags meetings to better position MSION in existing and emerging markets.
- Oversee development & maintenance of institutional systems for tracking and maintaining new business-related information (e.g. contacts, opportunities, competitor’s information, etc.).
- Represent MSION at donor/government/consortium meetings and other meeting as agreed with Programme Director.
Develop Proposals and Budgets:
- Project design and document production: Manage the development and writing of successful funding proposals and budgets as agreed with Programme Director and Country Directors. This will involve leading and/or facilitating proposal development activities involving Programme Director, Operation Director, Country Directors, and other in-country staff, London-based programme support teams and technical advisors. This may involve working with technical leads on strategy, developing, reviewing and editing log frames, budgets and narrative text per donor requirements.
- Coordinating efforts between MSONI and MSI: Manage the development of proposals and budgets submitted in partnership with other organisations where MSI is either the primary applicant or a sub-contractor.
- Management of information: Manage the development and maintenance of information required for proposal development including updating capability statements, descriptions of MSION’s technical areas of expertise, country program and/or project write-ups, development of graphics and presentations.
Ensure positive and strong donor relations:
- Ensure the highest possible level of service to donors: Ensure coordinated communication with donors and partner NGOs among MSION teams in collaboration with the London technical teams, Country Directors and their teams. This may involve managing relationships for a portfolio of donors (may include occasional project report writing or reviewing, ongoing communications and meetings). Ensure quality, consistency and continuity in MSI’ONs approach with donors.
- Strengthen Internal and New Business Development Capacity:
- Strengthen the capacity MSION teams: Expand the capacity of MSION team members to participate in technical and cost proposals and other business development efforts through mentoring and collaboration.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of MSION’s systems: Help to develop better tools, systems, techniques and strategies for identifying, tracking, and pursuing new business opportunities, developing proposals and budgets, and managing institutional knowledge.
- Minimum of M.Sc. degree in the Social Sciences, Communication, Epidemiology, Evaluation, Development or in a field related
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience Project Management and implementation
- Experience in conceptualizing, writing, and editing funded proposal
- Demonstrated experience of funded bilateral and foundation proposal
- Experience in participating in all areas of programme development including strategy development, forging partnerships, project design, logframe development, proposal writing, budget development, managing donor and other partner (e.g. NGOs) relationships and project reporting. Experience in a directly relevant role preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, conceptual, organizational, writing, and editing skills;
- Successful track record of securing high-value contracts from bilateral and multilateral donors, trusts and foundations. Specific experience securing funding from USAID and DFiD preferred.
- Ability to work under demanding deadlines;
- Ability to interact appropriately with other cultures.
- Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills; articulate writer.
- Proven relationship building skills and ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide variety of people and organisations.
- Established ability to manage, co-ordinate and work with teams as well as to work independently and take initiative.
- Solid analytical skills and ability to filter and distil critical information.
- Proficiency with numbers, including budgeting, and close attention to detail.
- Practical organisational skills with the ability to manage a fluctuating workload, re-prioritise when necessary and meet deadlines.
- Able to act decisively when unexpected events present opportunities for MSION.
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Able to learn quickly.
- Team player; energetic, enthusiastic and positive.
- Quality-focused and results-oriented.
- Confident and professional.
- Responsive, resourceful and determined.
- Flexible and with the ability to respond to varying needs opportunities and operating environments.
29th March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and suitability statement as a single attachment to: email@example.com
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant's full name.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.