Job Title: Campaign Manager
- To work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering.
- The Lake Chad Basin response provides humanitarian assistance to the population
- affected by the conflict, through a combined approach of direct humanitarian response and campaigns and advocacy.
- The Campaigns team leads our campaigns and advocacy on issues related with the crisis within the frame work of the Oxfam International Rights in Crisis Campaign:
- Raise awareness of Oxfam's work locally, nationally and internationally,
- Works to lobby and influence Decision Makers partners and allies and using a variety of campaigns and advocacy techniques.
- Facilitate information and communications sharing for the LCB Response with stakeholders, NGOs, donors and other advocacy targets. Works closely with the programmes team to ensure campaigns and advocacy complements our programmatic approach.
- The incumbent will work independently and effectively with minimal supervision and with flexibility to achieve the deliverables of the position.
- S/he will stay abreast of professional standards, trends and issues affecting this set of responsibilities, demonstrating continuous learning of the field.
- S/he will work effectively and collaboratively in support of building a team-based culture of work, will perform all duties appropriately for a multi-cultural environment, treating all persons with dignity and respect, and will be familiar with and committed to Oxfam mission and goals.
- Act as Campaign Manager for the LCB Response: providing humanitarian campaigns advocacy leadership, and working with the Operational Lead and Programme Teams to ensure positions and messages on related issues such as food insecurity, returns. gender, and protection are consistent and coherent
- Plan and ensure delivery of an appropriate range of campaigns and advocacy activities to convey Oxfam’s positions and messages to prioritised advocacy targets and media outlets
- Directly line manage the Advocacy & Policy Lead; the Media Lead; The IM & Communications Manager
Strategy development and implementation:
- Lead the development of strategic plans for the LCB Campaign and research on humanitarian and conflict-related issues in the Lake Chad Basin.
- Monitor and analyze developments in country and share this information with the broader Oxfam International team through regular SitReps, email updates, teleconferences, and briefing notes.
- Lead in the development of policy analysis on emerging crisis situations to inform Oxfam positioning and planning.
- Work closely with colleagues in Oxfam and national and international civil society to ensure new developments are monitored and communicated in a timely fashion to ensure information can be used by both advocacies, regional and international.
- Represent Oxfam in meetings with external stakeholders and visiting delegations
- Provide analysis for Oxfam representation and lobbying in international platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science/International Affairs/Public Policy /Government with focus on conflict and security/humanitarian affairs/ governance/ risk Management.
- Advanced degree in related field would be an added advantage.
- Substantial and proven experience in advocacy or campaigning for humanitarian or human rights
- Understanding of humanitarian response, disaster risk reduction, complex humanitarian, emergencies, conflict resolution strategies, and international human rights/humanitarian law.
- Ability to think and operate strategically, independently and creatively.
- Lobbying and political skills: persuasive, diplomatic and articulate.
- Experience in advocacy, research, policy, lobbying, media work and public campaigning, including the ability to act as a spokesperson when necessary.
- Ability to communicate clearly and work independently yet cooperatively in a cross-cultural setting with a number of long distance working relationships.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Internet).
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Initiative, influencing skills , self awareness, ability to work effectively with others and critical analysis skills.
- Language skill desirable - French
- Commitment to Oxfam’s mission, values and ethics.
Location: Abuja - with travel
24th March, 2017.
Click here for More Information (PDF)