10,000 contractors trust Fircroft to take care of their careers. Open up a world of opportunity at fircroft.com
Job Title: Chief Information Officer
- Our client runs an offshore logistics and supply base. Their base was specifically designed to provide logistics, engineering and other support services to offshore oil & gas exploration and production companies operating in and around West Africa. Services include: personnel management, catering & hospitality, facilities for the supply of bulk materials, warehousing, berthing and vessel handling, rig repair, logistics and construction equipment, personnel transportation, a helicopter base, open
- To provide vision & leadership for developing & implementing IT initiatives whilst directing the planning/implementation of enterprise IT systems in support of business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality & business development. The incumbent is responsible for every aspect of IT systems including budgets, purchases, upgrades, supervision of IT specialists and management of projects.
Strategy & Planning:
- Participate in strategic and operational governance processes as a member of the senior management team; Lead IT strategic & operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems; Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business;
- Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures; Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development; Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments;
- Develop, track, and control the IT annual operating and capital budgets; Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives; Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan; Assess and make recommendations on the improvement or re-engineering of the IT organization.
- Coordinate/facilitate stakeholder consultation defining new technology business/systems requirements; Create cost-benefit analysis and support detailed definition of data requirements and departmental workflows; Approve, prioritize, and control projects related to selection and development etc of major information systems; Participate in vendor contract negotiations for IT equipment/software purchases;
- Review hardware/software acquisition and maintenance contracts to capitalize on economies of scale;
- Define and communicate corporate plans, policies, and standards implementing within IT operating systems.
- Operational Management: Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of SLA's with end users and monitoring performance; Design, establish, and maintain a network infrastructure for local and wide area connectivity and remote accessEnsure IT system operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations; Establish lines of control for current and proposed information systems; Keep current with IT industry trends/issues and advise management on their competitive or financial impact; Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities; Oversee IT system security by protecting information assets from web threats, viruses, and hacker activity etc;
Employee Relations Management:
- Supervise recruitment, development, and welfare of IT staff in accordance with corporate policies; Evaluate, train and develop employees in understanding policies and procedures;
- Provide management and offer advice/guidance on individual employee relations cases within department ensuring they meet the requirements of company policies; Promote staff morale and workplace safety in accordance with SHEQ policies; Reporting of all incidents in line with set SHEQ and Security procedures.
- The right person will be a highly experienced IT professional, looking to develop a value added function at a rapidly growing and progressive company. Ideally with offshore experience or multi-national experience.
- Tertiary qualification (Masters preferred) in the field of computer science or business administration.
- Approximately 10 to 15 years managing and/or directing an IT operation; Approximately 2 to 5 years working within Oil and Gas, Shipping or Supply Chain; A proven track record of developing and implementing IT policies and systems.
- Knowledge, skills and ability: Up to date knowledge of legislation, regulations, best practice and how they relate to IT;
- Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations; Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications and outsourced systems; Good understanding of IT systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
- Experienced in system design/development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management;
- Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and development;
- Excellent understanding of project management principles;
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems;
- Strong understanding of HR management principles, practices, and procedures;
- Proven leadership ability;