Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Job Title: Chief of Party - Nigeria Local Government Project
- Abt Associates is recruiting for a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID five year local governance strengthening project in Nigeria.
- The project aims to increase effectiveness, accountability, and transparency of selected state and local governments.
- It will focus on strengthening systems to improve the delivery of services in key sectors including basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation, and hygiene; efficiency of key governance operations; government’s responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and governments and civil society’s capacity to manage conflict.
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction
- Serve as the project’s primary liaison with the client and all partners and stakeholders
- Guide implementation of the project’s strategic long-term vision Develop work plans and other documents to be submitted and reviewed by USAID.
- Ensure compliance with USAID requirements and international audit practices.
- Coordinate project efforts with other international donor-funded activities.
- Serve as the principal contact for USAID, the government of Nigeria, counterparts and non-governmental stakeholders on program communications and technical implementation activities.
- Master's degree in Public Administration or Policy, Public Financial Management, Law, Social Sciences, or other relevant field
- Minimum ten (10) years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of international development programs, preferably on governance, public financial management, or service delivery activities
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as chief of party or project director, managing complex donor-funded contracts that involve coordination with multiple project stakeholders
- Strong capabilities in institutional capacity development, local governance and decentralization high-level strategic planning and leadership, and collaborating with state-level governors, other government actors, civil society organizations, and other development partners
- Knowledge of and an understanding of the Nigerian governance system at the federal, state, and local government level preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
13th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should sent their applications and CV's to: IEGNigeria@abtassoc.com