Job Title: Commercial Finance Manager - WCA af
- Responsible for providing strategic P&L or operations finance leadership, for a defined group of organizations, a P&L or a region.
- Serves as a business partner to the operating team to drive business initiatives, growth, business strategy, and (global) profitability.
- Manages a team in smaller scope roles.
- May include oversight for several types of Finance responsibilities such as FP&A or Controllership.
- Partner with business leader and staff to drive operating performance & act as champion for strategic initiatives within the organization
- Ownership for developing estimates, operating plans/forecasts/reviews, Growth Playbook (3-year Plan), SII (1-year Plan)
- Driving profitable growth by providing analysis of results and reporting key metrics while advising the leadership team on risks and opportunities, as well as recommending actions
- Effectively manage/lead/coordinate/develop a team of Financial Analysts and/or Finance Managers determine clear roles & responsibilities, identify and action development needs to ensure superior finance business support.
- Work with Controllership & Operational teams to adopt Healthcare SOP's; Drive profitable growth in the region by providing analysis of results and identifying & tracking key metrics while advising the leadership team on risks and opportunities, as well as recommending actions
- Work with the Controllership and Planning & Analysis teams to define the relevant IT platform and requirements to support analysis, improve data visibility and ensure controllership
- Lead cross-functional projects to drive simplification throughout the organization and to improve rigor in key Finance processes, reducing costs & improving profitability
- Provide Finance leadership for NPI activities (e.g. target costing, margin analysis, etc.)
- Drive quarterly indirect ledger ties to work with FP&A to identify areas of leakage
- Contribute to improving efficiencies and performance as well as providing quality financial information (e.g. report dashboard and VC/BC productivity). Actively participate with LS Operations Management to improve productivity and inventory management.
- Develop and improve financial processes: Finance reporting tools, Management reporting tools, budgeting and estimating processes, standard Production Cost set ups and analyses, Capital Investment.
- Assist with management reporting (regional and segment P&L's) and communicate results to managers.
- Drive consistent usage of COFE, GLA (report net), and COGNOS Business Intelligence (B.I.) tools across GE Healthcare.
- Develop new reports for process improvements.
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and minimum of six years of financial work experience or High School Diploma/GED and minimum of ten years financial work experience including developing forecasts & operating plans and leading business / finance reviews
- Strong analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
- Clear thinking / problem solving: successfully led cross-functional projects/process improvement within operations/finance function involving process improvement; able to quickly grasp new ideas
- Leadership experience: has two years experience leading team members balancing execution through others with inclusiveness, leveraging expertise, clear thinking, imagination, and external focus.
- Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex financial information in a easy to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing
- Solid PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications (i.e.: Oracle, SAP, COGNOS, Business Objects, etc.), strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (i.e. pivot tables, VLookup, and Macros)
- Fluency in English
- Confidence / Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across business functions; confidence to approach business leaders with difficult messages and defend position; for example, work closely with business leaders to achieve business objectives while driving controllership/GE Values
- Experience working in global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
- Experience successfully leading cross-functional projects and process improvement within the operations/finance functions; able to quickly grasp new ideas.
- Experience leading in a matrixed environment
- Adaptable/flexible: being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
- Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
- Basic understanding of financial compliance: SOX, GAAP
- Trained and/or certified in process improvement methodology such as LEAN or Six Sigma
- Graduate of GE's Financial Management Program (FMP), Experienced Financial Leadership Program (EFLP) or Corporate Audit Staff (CAS); or graduate of other financial leadership programs
- Masters' Degree in Business Administration