CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs. Therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to our approach in every country in which CRS operates.
Job Title: Community and Social Cohesion Specialist
- The Community/ Social Cohesion Specialist will work closely with the Agriculture Program Manager and the Agriculture and Livelihoods Specialist to deliver needed capacity building and technical assistance for beneficiaries on the project
- S/he will lead planning, implementation and motoring of all Community/Social Cohesion activities that layer humanitarian response with longer-term development.
- This includes program support in beneficiary selection and registration, community mobilization, monitoring and evaluation of project activities, coordination, and reporting
- BA/S or equivalent In relevant field such a Psychology and Community Development or equivalent Experience.
- 3 - 5 years of community and social cohesion experience In emergency contexts
- Strong technical background in a broad range of group dynamics and social cohesion interventions
- Demonstrated capacity In technical support and coordination
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Demonstrated experience and abilities in donor and host government representation at held level, In capacity building of local staff and local government, in negotiation,and monitoring
- Effective multi-tasking, organizational capacity prioritization skills are necessary
- English (written and spoken) is required
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is essential.
- Agency-wide Competencies (for all staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results:
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationship
- Promotes Learning
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
01 April 2017
29th March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: email@example.com The position title must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number EMER031417
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.