10,000 contractors trust Fircroft to take care of their careers. Open up a world of opportunity at fircroft.com
Job Title: Construction Manager
- Our client runs an offshore logistics and supply base. Their base was specifically designed to provide logistics, engineering and other support services to offshore oil & gas exploration and production companies operating in and around West Africa.Services include: personnel management, catering & hospitality, facilities for the supply of bulk materials, warehousing, berthing and vessel handling, rig repair, logistics and construction equipment, personnel transportation, a helicopter base, open
- Supervision of the development and construction within "The Company Locations" and at related locations, as designated by the Employer.
- Supervision of the contractors, personnel and other persons and/or entities involved in the development of property in COMPANY LOCATION and at related locations, as designated by the Employer
- Development of detailed master plan for the COMPANY LOCATIONS
- Forward planning of facilities, services, supporting infrastructure, personnel and other related items required for development and management of property in "The Company Location" ("COMPANY LOCATION")
- Forward planning of infrastructure required for the industrial village;
- Planning and developing layout of infrastructure for LFZ.
Managements of Consultants
- Manage the process of appointing consulting engineers and architects;
- Manage work allocated to various consultants and architects as per their contracts and work scopes;
- Ensure that design of infrastructure on LFZ is to the required standards as well as being in a cost effective and on schedule.
- Ensure a transparent bid process as managed by consultants and architects;
- Analyse bids in conjunction with consultants and architects and put recommendations to Management;
- Selecting and negotiating with construction related contractors for work issued to them without making use of consultants and architects.
Safety and Security
- Ensure that all work performed is in line with laid down policies, procedures and standards;
- Ensure that all Quality, Health, Safety and Environment legislation is adhered to;
- Reporting of all incidents and accidents in line with procedures;
- Design and implementation of procedures required at all levels to enable the successful supervision, management and smooth growth and construction of the Division.
Managements and Training Personnel
- Design and update the organogram for the Division, including detailed job descriptions of all personnel required
- Personally supervise the implementation of training programs for all personnel
- Manage the process of recruiting and hiring personnel
- Control of own human resources including time management
- Ensure all personnel adhere to highest international standards for HSE etc.;
- Application of company policies and procedures and legislation in respect of the treatment and management of own staff;
- Motivate and develop own staff.
- The Employee will be required to provide assistance to the Company in a wide range of areas, in line with the Employee's field of experience/expertise;
- The Employee may also be required to perform duties not directly related to his/her area of experience or expertise, in which case proper instruction will be provided by the Company;
- Ensure that the highest ethical standards are maintained in all activities;
- Conduct himself / herself in a dignified and respectful manner that reflects well on the Employer and also sets an example for the other employees.
- University Degree (2.1 or higher)
- Preference will be given to candidates with Civil Engineering qualifications and/or other industry related qualifications
- ALL grades should be provided
- Have experience in working in, designing and building Free Zones, towns, general infrastructure
- Have worked in multinational / FTSE100 companies
- The candidate's experience and academic record are paramount but it would be preferable if the candidate has international experience