Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
Job Title: Deputy Administrator for Finance
- The deputy administrator for finance works with the base administrator to ensure the financial, accounting and budgetary management of the base, in compliance with the PUI and donors procedures and National and local regulations.
- To check all spending commitments and any purchase on the base before forward it to the base administrator for validation
- To follow up all transactions posted in the accounting Saga
- In collaboration with the base administrator, to prepare the month-end closing for the base (budget codes, invoices, validation...)
- In collaboration with the Base administrator, to prepare monthly and annual financial reports
- To make recommendations for update of financial policy & procedures
- To be responsible for documentation (i.e. update of written procedures) and dissemination among the relevant staff (training), in collaboration with the Base administrator
- To do a cash box inventory at the end of each week
- To analyze the base cash situation at the end of each week, and to find proper and quick solutions when needed (cash shortage)
- To ensure that the Cash handling procedures is implemented and respected
- To prepare the calculation and payment of all taxes
- In collaboration with the base administrator, to ensure monthly budgetary monitoring of projects
- To know and use donors' reference guidelines
- To control monthly expenses and forecast budget
- To contribute to the preparation and draft of new budgets in collaboration with the different departments and the base administrator
- To help preparing the external financial reports for financial sponsors and the audits, in collaboration with the base administrator
- To participate to the recruitment process of the staffs under his/her direct supervision.
- To support the admin staff in the fulfillment of their duties
- To report to his/her line manager problems and/or concerns on technical issues
- To train the admin staff on the Admin and Finance component
- To solve team conflicts, if any, and ensure team building
- To support the admin staff in improving their performance
- To conduct appraisals every six months for the staffs under his/her supervision
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs. The employee could be requested to perform other tasks as his/her Line Manager may judge necessary.
- Fluent in English, good knowledge of Hausa is an asset
- Proficient user of MS office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- University Degree or HND in Finance or Accounting
- At least two years' experience in a similar position
- Previous experience in an international NGO is an asset
- Team supervision is an asset
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Rigor and organization
- Attention to detail
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Teamwork and team management
- Diplomacy and problem solving
- Honesty and integrity
13th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents only:
- Updated CV
- Letter of motivation
- Scan of work certificates,
- Scan of HND or university Degree certificate as well as higher certificates if any
- Reference contacts.
- Documents other than the one describe above should not be submitted and the position must be clearly indicated in the subject of the e-mail.
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates who do not have the necessary qualification should not apply as no application will be considered nor kept if not matching the position
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.
- PUI reserves the right to stop the recruitment as soon as an appropriate candidate will be identify.