Job Title: Events Coordinator
- Working in the overall planning, execution and commercial viability of a variety of events
- Researching suitable venues, hosts/speakers and entertainment for events
- Working with the marketing and design teams to assist the implementation of the marketing campaign for each event, requiring a sound knowledge of associated processes
- Working with the client to produce high quality event literature, including thorough checking of all copy e.g. entry brochures, booking forms, tickets, programmes etc
- Liaising with the production/AV supplier in pre-production and assisting with all aspects of the staging requirements for events
- Liaising with event sponsors to ensure that their package is honoured and their logo reproduced to their satisfaction on all relevant promotional literature
- Dealing with incoming enquiries for events and corresponding with entrants, judges, table bookers and sponsors
- Attending meetings with clients and producing minutes for all meetings as necessary
- Ensuring all administration for the event is completed in a timely and accurate fashion, to include processing/cataloguing of entries and table/delegate bookings, ensuring all revenue for the event has been processed correctly, contracting and invoicing of sponsors, and co-ordination of judging, travel and accommodation arrangements as necessary
- Co-ordinating the production of all event signage with the appropriate logos/messages etc
- Carry out maintenance checks and walk-rounds timely to identify and report defects, hazards, injuries, equipment or processes that negatively affect the operations
- Assisting the client in selecting menus, room layouts and table plans
- Booking local hostesses and briefing them accordingly
- Ensuring compliance with data protection rules
- Sharing best practice across the events teams
- The qualified candidate will be enthusiastic, energetic and outgoing with a background in recreation, and/or social event planning.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree
- Minimum of 2 years experience of organizing/coordinating events
- Previous operational knowledge and experience of IT Events Management system preferably
- Outstanding IT/AV Knowledge
- Proficient use of the latest version of Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to handle multiple deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of customer service principles and practices. Customer relationship-development and client retention experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills including spoken and written English.
- Exceptional Team Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Great organisation and administration skills and a real eye for detail
- Hours are flexible and will include some nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
31st March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's to: info@Sparkandlights.com