Job Title: General Ledger Accountant
- Supports month-end, quarter-end, and year-end accounting closure processes.
- Reviews, analyzes, and reconciles general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy and completeness of accounting balances
- Supports activities to ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP, local laws, and internal policies
- Interfaces with district accountants on third-party account clearing, accuracy, and completeness.
- Prepares accounting journals and posts approved accounting entries in SAP.
- Attends to disputes, complains, and inquiries from vendors and customers
- Prepares schedules and responds to information requests from management, head office, external auditors, government authorities, and other stakeholders,
- Contributes to writing and updating procedures and accounting manuals.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B Sc. Accounting / business related degree plus a professional accounting qualification.
- 2-5 years professional experience (knowledge of Oil and Gas Upstream Industry is an added advantage)
- High proficiency in MS Excel (knowledge of SAP is an added advantage)
- Good analytical and inter-personal skills.