We also have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 84 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D facilities in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
Job Title: CEP (Classic and Established Products) Market Lead, Africa DC
- As a market lead of the CEP portfolio for AFRICA DC, this role will drive the CEP Strategy Execution, aligned with the AFRICA DC Region and areas priorities, by being part of the AFRICA DC LT team.
- It will also provide challenge and stimulus to the Area LOCs to support the delivery of the CEP targets in the region.
- This role will require creating the appropriate network within AFRICA DC, and working alongside to the Respiratory and Vaccines Market leads, and the CEP LT.
- Leads the cultural change required to manage a post patent portfolio (from the 2 Ps, to the 4 Ps), in line with the GSK ethics, values and the Area Strategic priorities
- Promotes a culture of relentless continuous improvement through clear lead & lag indicators and ensures central & LOC teams have clear, accountable action plans with agreed “get well” dates
Optimize/Maximize the promotional channels (Multi Channel promotion)
- Drives and challenges local opportunities development based on local markets insight- regulatory, payers and HCPs role in driving sales of CEP incorporating competitor strategies, distributors landscape and environmental challenges. Leads an innovative approach to the management of CEP, applying skills that are non-traditional for GSK Review, challenge and feedback the Annual LOCs Business Plan for the CEP portfolio
- Provide leadership & rapid sharing of best commercial practices and ensure fast implementation of successful projects across AFRICA DC
- Optimize the use of the area A&P, by leveraging the CEP CoE centrally produced materials, working alongside with the area Commercial Excellence and Multi Channel Marketing Teams
- Participate in the co-creation panels, representing the voice of the Area, giving feedback to the CEP CoE about the Area promotional needs, in order to ensure synergies, avoid duplications and maximize resources.
Maximize the Commercial Channel (assessment, capabilities and execution gaps)
- Work alongside with the Global Tender Lead to maximize any Tender opportunities
- Work alongside with the Trade Lead to maximize and enable the Commercial Trade Channel strategy and opportunities.
- Maximize any potential price/volume opportunities
- Build the right capabilities for the tender team in the region including training, ETMS utilization, ensure tender compliance etc
- Monthly Input into the CCC process including representation of CEP Region DRMs, CEP pre S&Op and other forums to align forecasts, include updated risks and opportunities, and bridge the link to global S&Op.
- Maximize the use of spare capacity by identifying price/volume opportunities in the Area, working alongside with the Supply Optimization Lead
- Provide input and insights to the Supply Optimization Lead in cases of supply allocation requirements
- Identify alongside to the Supply Optimization Lead opportunities to simplify and harmonize the CEP portfolio
- Identify launches opportunities, by maximizing the use of our key strategic SKUs, using the PREPs process
- Act as gatekeeper for all new SKUs by assessing the business potential, ensuring it meets new SKU commercial thresholds, assess feasibility, green route etc before approval to launch
- Identify volume opportunities in the case of COGs reduction
- Identify launch opportunities, when the COGs are more competitive for the Area.
- Breadth/ Scope of Accountability
- Provide details of any scope data relevant to the role e.g. the net sales that the role supports / generates or budget responsibility.
- Number of Direct Reports None (may have FLP Assigned)
- Number of Indirect Reports Indirect Reports (Leadership through influence) – Area Heads, General Managers, BU country Heads or Marketing Directors, Respiratory and Vaccine Market Leads, Medical Area Lead, Regulatory Area Lead, and the CEP LT team
- Annual Budget managed by this role (Provide either Revenue/ Assets Managed or Operating budget)
- University Graduate
- Area of Specialisation: Business and Marketing
- Preferred Level of Education Master’s Degree
- Describe what experience this position will require the job holder to have obtained in past roles within or outside of GSK that would demonstrate a level of proficiency in the stated role.
- Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience required Significant Marketing and Sales experience with post patent portfolio or Branded Generics, in order to maximize the potential of the portfolio, and experience of participating in an LOC or Area LT.
- Requires a high level of seniority in order to manage Senior Stakeholders in the Area, and the complexity required for a post patent portfolio
- List any licenses, certificates, registrations, or any relevant job skill or abilities not covered in Educational Background or Job-Related Experience sections above that are required for the job.
- Breadth and depth of commercial experience and good understanding of portfolio management
- High level of commercial/financial/ acumen- especially understanding of P/V, rebating trading/negotiation techniques
Experience of at least two of:
- Pharmacy channel management
- Digital marketing/multi-channel marketing
- Supply Chain
Location: Lagos, Nigeria