Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer, Laboratory Services
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- Liaise with the State Technical Officer to provide technical support and implement high quality laboratory services for FHI Nigeria programs.
- Assist in providing technical assistance in capacity building for laboratory services to FHI360 and facility staff.
- Assist in providing technical support on laboratory quality assurance issues at the state office level.
- Give support in coordinating the inventory management along with AXIOS to ensure adequate stock and quality data capture in the DHIS.
- Contribute to development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to laboratory management of HIV/AIDS and liaise with STO to apply these lessons and modify existing program.
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of laboratory management of HIV/AIDS and related development fields by reviewing current literature and staying alert to any implication of such experience and research for department activities as outlined by the technical supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.Sc in Laboratory Sciences or related field with 1-3years post national youth service experience in provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS.
- Knowledge of advanced laboratory procedures, diagnosis and management related to HIV/AIDS care and treatment is required with some experience in an international development area preferred.
- Certification of license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Knowledge of Laboratory Equipment and techniques for the following categories of assays: HIV rapid and confirmatory testing, hematology, biochemistry, CD4/CD8, HIV viral load, HIV DNA qualitative test, HIV viral resistance (genotype and phenotype) and management issues related to the clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including ART.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
31st March, 2017.