Job Title: Head of School
- The head will lead the school within our federation, inspiring staff to achieve the highest possible standards in teaching and develop well-rounded and ambitious pupils.
- The head of school will report to the executive head teacher. They will:
- Support the executive head teacher to set and review the school's priorities and objectives, leading activity to ensure these are delivered.
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership;
- Develop, motivate and deploy teaching and non-teaching staff to secure the best possible use of available talent;
- Determine and drive appropriate standards and targets to deliver improvement; and
- Create an accountable, safe and positive learning environment in which diversity and co-operation are celebrated.
- The post holder will carry out the duties of the head of school in consultation, where appropriate, with the executive head teacher, governing body, school staff and its parents and careers.
Specific duties and responsibilities are set out below:
Curriculum, Teaching and Learning:
- Work with the staff to develop, organize and implement an appropriate curriculum for the school taking into account the needs, experience, interests, aptitudes and stage of development of the pupils and the resources available to the school.
- Monitor and evaluate the standards of teaching and learning in the school and ensure that proper standards of professional performance are established and maintained.
- Develop a culture of coaching and peer support to enable teachers and staff to develop professionally and enable our children and community to succeed
- Ensure that the progress of the pupils at the school is monitored, evaluated and effectively recorded. Analyze and use available school based and comparative data to assist in raising standards.
- Develop and maintain a sound practice for the pastoral care of pupils.
- Maintain, review and develop policies and procedures for promoting pupils self-discipline and good behavior in the context of a proper regard for authority.
- Ensure the maintenance of good order and discipline during the school day, when pupils are present on the school premises or engaged in authorized school activities on and off school premises.
- B.Sc in Educational Management or Administration or any related field.
- Educational certification or M.Sc In any related filed will be an added advantage
- 4-6 years relevant experience
5th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's to: email@example.com
Note: All shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview ASAP.