We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Housekeeping Supervisor
- Assigns workers their duties and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
- Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- Coordinates work activities among departments.
- Conducts orientation training and in-service training to explain policies, work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Evaluates records to forecast department personnel requirements.
- Makes recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Prepares reports concerning room occupancy, payroll, and department expenses.
- Responsible for smooth operation of the floor assigned.
- Responsible for the performance of all housekeeping staff.
- Organises and facilitates the room making process.
- Daily allocation of rooms and deep cleaning tasks to team members.
- Checks the occupied and departure rooms, giving special attention to guest needs.
- Routine inspection of guest bedrooms to ensure they meet standards.
- Report maintenance issues to Maintenance/Engineering Department.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
- Minimum of High School Diploma
- Not less than 2 years' experience in a supervisory capacity in a hotel Housekeeping environment
- Proven training skills
- Experience with Hotel Property Management System, preferably OPERA
- Must be able to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work well with limited supervision.
5th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Housekeeping Supervisor' as subject of the mail.