Job Title: Human Resources Officer
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).The project will be rounding up by September 2018.
- Provide operational support to implement effective functional Human Resources (HR) processes for FHI Nigeria in team functional areas, including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, compensation, HRIS and training.
- Administer FHI Nigeria's rewards and benefit systems. This includes salaries and bonuses plus employee benefits, such as pensions, life assurance, and medical insurance packages.
- Manage the payroll system for the HR unit, including liaising with Finance unit to ensure timely and accurate remittance. Ensure service users are provided with accurate information at all times.
- Prepare personnel action records (PARS) for Finance action informing of any payroll additions and/or changes. These personnel actions include new hire, secondments, transfers, leavers and other amendments to salaries and employee data in compliance with policy and payroll requirements.
- Make out offer letters for vetting. Send out offer letters to candidates’ mail boxes/ surface addresses.
- Assist in the filing of documents appropriately into personnel files and subject files daily.
- Support the recruitment process with tasks such as preparing shortlists, scheduling of interviews and conducting reference checks.
- Coordinate new hire orientation and ensure all relevant documents are included on orientation package.
- Follow-up on timesheet and leave matters.
- Collect and collate required data/documentation for the health insurance scheme and group life insurance scheme.
- Follow-up on approvals for all HR documents such as signing of PARS, purchase requests etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 3 - 5 years of relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent, and 1 - 3 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience of HR in the international development organization is an advantage.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Strong knowledge in salary structure and development, benefits and compensation, surveys/benchmarking and job evaluation systems.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply HR rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
31st March, 2017.