Job Title: Data Platform Solution Specialist
- As a Data Platform Solution Specialist (SSP), you will be a solution sales leader within our enterprise sales organization working with our most important customers.
- You will lead a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to advance the sales process and achieve/exceed quarterly SQL Server and Azure data services revenue and usage/consumption targets in your assigned territory of accounts.
- You will position solutions that take advantage of our unique hybrid data platform to make their digital transformation.
- By developing a territory plan and identifying key accounts to drive sales through, you will be responsible for meeting customer needs and achieving/exceeding sales targets.
- With understanding of your customers needs, you will position solutions on the Microsoft Hybrid Data Platform.
- This approach will result in a large data platform solutions pipeline including analytics (Big Data, BI and Advanced Analytics) and mission critical/OLTP solution wins.
- You will maintain and develop a positive Customer and Partner Experience (CPE) that can be leveraged in future sales engagements across your territory.
- 5+ years’ experience selling business solutions to large/global enterprise customers, particularly data platform technologies
- Effective territory/account management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline management, large dollar licensing and deal negotiation.
- Understanding of Microsoft server products and/or complementing solutions. The position requires the ability to articulate and present the business value of Microsoft's solutions and have a firm understanding of Microsoft's strategies and products relative to major Microsoft competitors.
- Knowledge of enterprise software solutions and platform competitor landscape
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs.
- Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred, or equivalent experience.