We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Network Engineer
- The Network Administrator is responsible for the IT Network infrastructure, identifying network requirements, installing upgrades, monitoring network performance, and coordinating network based projects across the organization.
- The job holder interacts with service providers to ensure that seamless and quality data/voice services are delivered to meet the organization’s requirements.
Network Infrastructure Administration:
- Manages all network infrastructure and ensure reliable network access
- Ensure network security by maintain supporting documentation where applicable
- Supervise telecommunication support for data and voice connectivity
- Monitor the communication link from head office to all remote sites or locations; ensure the communication link is up and running.
- Ensure that all IOS switches / Router are constantly updated
- Performs backups configurations of all network infrastructure devices.
Remote VPN Support:
- Provide/manage VPN and secured access for all local and remote users.
- Ensure connectivity for remote users
- Ensure that all VPN traffics are secured and well encrypted.
- Vendor Engagement and Performance Management:
- Verify materials provided by vendors for authenticity
- Supervise work done by vendors and ensure performance in line with requirements, specification and contract; ensure vendors on site work meets the required safety regulations
End User Support:
- Provide support to end users for timely resolution of network issues
- Ensure end users access to required network infrastructure
- B.Sc / HND in Computer Science or any relevant discipline.
- Relevant professional certification e.g. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP).
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years of IP network management and implementation experience.
- Ability to deploy and configure a large scale enterprise network.
- Knowledge of multi-vendor network and infrastructure solutions; Cisco hardware configurations and maintenance; firewalls and security appliances
- Network configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Management of wireless network devices and solutions; general computer hardware troubleshooting repair and maintenance.
- Network device management/maintenance
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Switching and routing configuration
- Windows user support; Microsoft Office tools (MS Word, Excel, e.t.c), outlook email configuration and support
- Creative; solution-driven; team player
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI):
- Ability to deliver on assigned network related tasks and projects
- Quality documentation of network related activities
- Average time to resolve an incident
- % of issues resolved
- % of user updates or backups within target times
- User satisfaction
- Occasional travel maybe required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's (PDF format) to: