We believe that individuals have the right to make informed decisions about their reproductive health and to receive care that meets their needs. We work in partnership with governments, institutions, and health care professionals to make this right a reality.
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
- The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for the effective implementation of all procurement activities of the organization that are required for the success of the Fistula Care Plus Nigeria project and offices in Abuja and Sokoto, Nigeria in compliance with EngenderHealth’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and the organization and donor policy.
- He/She will also be responsible for compilation of the annual procurement plan of the project and the required reports including developing and overseeing the project’s disbursement plan.
- Ensure all procurement and vendor documentation associated with procurement transactions
- Communicate with program and finance staff to anticipate and plan for procurement needs
- Assist with the search and identification of potential new suppliers/vendors of material, equipment, and supplies in line with EngenderHealth and donor SOPs
- Maintain and update the master supplier list both in hard and soft copies bi-annually
- Collect office procurement plans and collect purchase requisition from all department and offices and report to immediate supervisor
- Process procurement of goods (Fixed and non-Fixed assets) and services Collect, aggregate and forward bidding data to tendering committee for selection decision
- Ensure timely delivery of goods by submitting procurement documents on time
- Ensure that all purchases of goods and services are carried out and delivered to the store
- Handle, in conjunction with bookkeepers and the finance team, all custom clearance activities for purchases being made abroad and collect all imported goods
- Seek and secure duty free privilege permit from appropriate governmental bodies in relation to oversees purchases
- Maintain and update Procurement Delivery Tracking Sheet (PDTS) continuously and report same to immediate supervisor bi-monthly
- Ensure that all purchase related documentation are kept on file for financial monitoring
- Assist in the maintenance of fixed asset reports as items are added or moved
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Diploma in Management, Supplies Management, Procurement or related field from a recognized college/university or professional institution.
- At least five years of relevant experience in supplies management or procurement with an International NGO
- Good knowledge of requirements for procurement (especially USAID) Strong report writing and analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of computer application, namely Access and Excel.
- Good in planning & organizing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent in time management/meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively work in a team.
- Willingness to travel to other offices.
- Willingness to work under pressure.
- A person with high integrity and honesty.
Location: Abuja, Nigeria