Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Job Title: Project Assistant / Health Financing Technical Specialist
- HFG seeks a Health Financing Technical Specialist to work on the SFI project in Rivers State. S/He will work closely with the State Program coordinator and the HFG country office to provide technical contributions towards the implementation of HFG Nigeria health financing technical assistance at the state level.
- S/He shall also contribute to technical strategies and ensure that these effectively address priority needs in support of the health financing reforms in our states of operation.
- This position will report to the State Program Coordinator.
- Work closely with the State Program Coordinator (SPC) and the HFG country team to:
- Provide technical assistance towards successful implementation of SFI work plan activities in Rivers State;
- Support formation of health care financing technical working groups (TWGs) and provide start-up technical support towards optimal functioning of the TWGs in the state;
- Provide technical assistance and coordinate activities of consultants towards successful completion of health care financing core diagnostics and synthesis of evidence for decision making;
- Provide technical support towards the design of evidence-based and context-appropriate health care financing policy and strategy in the state;
- Engage relevant MDAs, private sector and CSOs to advocate for adequate allocation and release of funds to bridge HIV/AIDS response funding gaps in the Rivers State;
- Lead evidence-based advocacy and technical support towards inclusion of HIV/AIDS services in the benefit package of the state-supported health insurance scheme;
- Provide technical support towards passage of the state-supported health insurance scheme bill by the State House of Assembly;
- Represent HFG at health care financing fora including but not limited to health care financing TWGs and the state supported health insurance core implementation team;
- Contribute to documentation of HFG's health care financing lessons learned, success story and publishable articles;
- Write and submit detailed and good quality weekly and monthly activities report using agreed templates; and
- Participate in other project related activities as advised by the SPC.
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher in Health Economics, Health Policy & Management, or Public Health with a health financing focus.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience and progressively increasing responsibility in the area of health care financing.
- Experience working with ministries of health and central budget MDAs and proven track record to effectively interact with these key actors.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated skill in quickly assessing priorities and opportunities and managing a variety of activities with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with donor, project stakeholders, in-country collaborators and staff at all levels of the organization.
- 4+ years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits
Locations: Rivers & Lagos
- Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
- Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.