Job Title: Purchasing Officer
- Implement sound purchasing policies, systems and procedures in accordance with Company standards.
- Monitor vendors for quality, service and price through standard purchasing specifications.
- Obtain competitive quotations for hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased.
- A minimum of three independent genuine quotations must be obtained.
- Establish contracts to ensure reduced pricing for all operating areas of the hotel.
- Receives market list from the Executive Chef on a daily basis and arranges for delivery of those items daily
- Ensures that all authorised or approved purchase orders are sent to their respective suppliers/vendors for delivery purposes on a daily basis.
- Ensures & verifies that quotations are regularly updated and supplier’s new current price lists are maintained.
- Research and identify new products and services for the hotel in market.
- Approves all addition requests for new storeroom items, checking correct item description, unit, packing, category and establishes Min/Max estimated stock levels.
- Verify the 'pending orders' report on a daily basis, and all pending orders are checked and verified regularly.
- Identifies items for standing orders utilising vendor's logistics for regular deliveries to the hotel based on approved highly consumed items.
- Verifies that all documentation and proper quotations are maintained and filed according to Policy and Procedure requirements.
- Approves all storeroom re-order requests, verifying quantities within the established Min/Max stock levels.
- Responsible for all purchasing functions, quotations, quality and availability.
- Responsible for physical control of all store items until issued, fully documented under strict control procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining logical storeroom inventory levels operationally needed.
- Ensures that the suppliers follow the rules relating to hygiene of goods delivered.
- Keeps all records in a way that they can be checked at any time for information or audit purposes.
- Maintains all documents, files and listings up-to-date and performs his duties in the most efficient manner.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- A University Degree or its equivalent.
- At least 4 years’ experience in similar job position.
- Knowledge of Sun system application.
- Experience in the hospitality industry is an added advantage.
5th April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Purchasing Officer' as subject of the mail.