Job Title: Senior Manager, Disaster Recovery
- To provide specialist expertise in the implementation of common Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery processes; to work closely with Information Systems (IS) staff to evaluate, recommend, implement and monitor security architecture, tools, methods and standards.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing the Division’s processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy
- Review business plans for MTN Nigeria and manpower imperatives for the organization and determine the organisation’s manning requirements/ manning levels and ensure efficient allocation of manpower for organization effectiveness.
- Serve MTNN’s customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Partner with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners to deliver business value.
- Improve MTNN’s Net Promoters Score
- Collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Design and implement disaster recovery and business continuity procedures for re-establishing servers, databases, and operating systems in the event of a disruption.
- Assist in the formulation of business requirements, technology solutions and directions for disaster recovery.
- Develop and implement a Business Impact Analysis and formulate business continuity plans.
- Develop appropriate off site data and document repositories to be utilized if information were to be irretrievable at the head office due to a major disaster.
- Develop and implement a plan to provide fail-over capacity of all mission critical servers, applications and networks.
- Develop, review and standardize all recovery plans, including process and procedural standards to address routine, backup, redundancy and recovery architectures.
- Ensure the company’s data, data systems, infrastructure and networks are recoverable in the event of a disaster.
- Perform and analyze disaster simulations for the prompt restoration of services.
- Develop and manage the disaster recovery plan to ensure that, at all times, the recovery objectives of the business can be achieved.
- Identify the work and levels of services that can be supported by the disaster recovery systems.
- Investigate current performance areas of IS Systems disaster recovery infrastructure and identify bottlenecks and develop ideas for performance improvements and implementation.
- Review existing systems metrics and provide forecasts to management regarding systems requirements for disaster recovery and monitor trends, risk and impact analysis forecast for disaster recovery.
- Recommend Technology upgrades, reviewing status and Requirements with application owners and Technology groups and defining the approach needed to meet requirements.
- Determine critical business processes and establish resources required for the successful resumption of business operations in the event of a disaster.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Occasional local and international travel often at short notice
- First Degree in any discipline preferably Computer Science or equivalent.
- ITIL, Disaster Recovery Certification.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- ITIL Manager Certificate will be an added advantage.
- 10 years comprising;
- Manager track record of 5 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- 4-6 year experience working in an enterprise Telecoms environment
- 3 years’ experience in Business continuity planning and implementation
- 3 years of experience in Disaster Recovery, planning, documentation and testing is preferred.
- Experience and Knowledge of various hardware platforms, Operating systems and applications currently in use in the industry
- Practical experience of disaster recovery methods and techniques
- Project Management methodologies (PMP or PRINCE2)
- Business Continuity and Contingency Planning
- BEng, BTech or HND.
15th March, 2017.