Job Title: Bills Processing Officer
- To process trade related products/applications/documents against laid down procedures and service standards.
- Ensure endorsement of all shipping documents relating to Bills for Collection as per remitting schedule and departmental DOI.
- Maintain all acknowledged copies of endorsement in respective files.
- Attend to all enquiries on shipping documents and endorsement on a same day basis.
- Ensure Bill Acceptance are processed as at when received.
- Serve as a Back-up to Import Bills processing officer.
- Serve as file-net maker for batching of transactions to the GSSC for Bills, Open Account and Guarantee products.
- Ensure follow-up are done on unaccepted Bills.
- Ensure Bills that are unaccepted after 60 days are returned to the remitting Bank.
- Ensure that handling of original documents are under dual control.
- Ensure that there are no KCSA exemption.
- Ensure that documents are handling in line with CBN circulars.
- Ensure that document are handle in line with URC 522.
- Ensure that documents are handle in line with local and international guidelines.
Qualifications and Skills
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- A University Degree with a minimum of a second class degree.
- Knowledge of risks and local Laws relating to Trade.
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos