Job Title: Technical Assistant, Clinical Services
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- With the State coordinator and the TO from the coordinating team, the Technical Assistant- clinical Services will provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality L.G.A. level (both at health facility and Community level) HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, RH/HIV, TB, HCT and other services at the state level.
- Support the coordination, implementation of LGA scale up and daily monitoring of the operational teams to achieve on the 90:90:90 assigned targets in the priority LGAs.
- Facilitate the efficient cART drive, ensuring quantitative, qualitative and retentive deliverables are achieved
- Saturate assigned wards in LGAs with HIV service interventions through household coverage and population access
- Strengthening effective referrals and linkages between facility and priority LGAs in the target drive
- Conduct same day evaluation and enrollment of all patients who test HIV positive
- Ensure same day ART initiation for eligible pregnant women and general populations
- Work with field case managers and community structures to strengthening referrals and linkages for health facility and community level services.
- Ensure timely daily ART/PMTCT updates are provided to the state cART coordinating team including success stories, reports, logistics supply, commodities and community daily service summaries.
- Attend to other duties assigned by supervising leads.
Health facility level:
- Support the optimization of comprehensive HIV & PMTCT services in the facility by instituting 80% PITC and maximized initiation, retention and VL suppression rates
- Support the QI capacity of providers in utilizing data analysis for program improvement
- MBBS with a minimum of 1 year post national youth service experience in clinical care,
- Registered Nurse /Midwife with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience.
- A sound understanding of HIV/AIDS, TB and TBHIV technical areas.
31st March, 2017.