Job Title: Technical Assistant, Community Mobilizer
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- The Technical Assistant, Community Mobilization will ensure effective mobilization and engagement with the various communities for successful campaign for expanding access to quality HIV/AIDS in Tier 1 and 2 states; by specifically supporting community-driven approaches to HIV/AIDS treatment and care; and facilitating stronger linkages and partnerships between the public health sector and civil society groups;
- Provide leadership on vision and strategic direction on community engagement activities in the state
- Lead advocacy efforts to mobilize political and social commitment and human resources for the campaign at all levels;
- provide guidance for social mobilization efforts at all levels as well as work closely with various partners and broad range of stakeholders that include TBAs, Faith Based Leaders, Traditional and Paramount Leaders, Youth, CSOs and LGA PHC units to conduct mobilization activities at all levels in order to increase uptake of integrated ART services.
- Coordinate mapping exercises and documentation of community resources (TBA/FBO/CSO/CBO/Media relating to HIV service delivery in order to ascertain positive engagement, documentation network and ensure effective referral systems at community level.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership for appropriate training for social mobilization team to build their competence mobilization techniques.
- Facilitate media engagement for buy-in into radio programs to mobilize communities at project sites in order to increase uptake of services; as well as take charge of the distribution and monitoring IEC and community mobilization materials to various partners and partners
- Identify community issues/challenges and develop strategies to address these issues/challenges for effective implementation of the campaign portfolio
- Conduct regular coordination meetings with the LGA social mobilization team to ensure an integrated and comprehensive approach to community mobilization, advocacy, and networking.
- Participate in all state level coordination meetings with the outreach team to ensure an integrated and comprehensive approach to community mobilization, advocacy, and networking.
- Prepare regular reports and other briefs on mobilization activities to SIDHAS STO through the TO/PCT
- Other duties as may be assigned periodically.
- The candidate should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Sociology, Community Development, Social Work and Social Administration or Social Sciences; and Must be computer literate (Ms Office Packages/Internet);
- Competency and skills in community engagement and understanding of HIV/AIDS and gender issues; sensitivity to cultural differences, and understanding of political and ethical issues
- Ability to work well with others, develop and maintain compatibility among recipients of assistance
- Experience in working with schools/NGOs and CBOs
31st March, 2017.