Job Title: Technical Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation (RMNCH)
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- The Technical Officer (M&E) Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH), under the supervision of a Senior Technical Officer (M&E) and with technical oversight from the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation, is responsible for the implementation of RMNCH M&E activities in supported states.
- S/He will be responsible for working with state and Local Government Area (LGA) level health authorities, health facilities and other partners in the state to strengthen RH/FP programmes and ensure that state M&E RH/FP activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs.
- The position also involves analyzing data and providing written and oral reports related to the analysis.
- Monitors the progress of RH/FP activities; develops charts and prepares periodic and ad hoc reports
- Work closely with other FHI 360 state officers in collation of RH/FP and RMNCH related reports
- Provide technical support to health facilities in ensuring that data are accurately captured, analyzed on monthly basis, used for decision making and reported to the LGA according to set guidelines
- Facilitate training of data officers in the state and LGAs on the use of the RMNCH data collection tools, data quality assurance and the DHIS
- Conduct quarterly DQA in selected health facilities in collaboration with the LGA focal persons and LGA MNCH officer
- Support LGA and LGA MNCH officer in ensuring that data from health facilities are accurately collated and reported according to set guidelines
- Provides leadership and technical oversight for the implementation of RMNCH -related activities
- Ensures the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of RMNCH and data collection activities;
- Document best practices and share lessons learned from implementation RMNCH activities
- Prepare clearly written technical and analytical reports
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Any other duty assigned
- MBBS/BPharm/B.Sc Nursing with 5 to 7 years of progressive relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of RMNCH services provision in resource constrained settings.
- A postgraduate degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics or Demography will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in Monitoring and Evaluation of RMNCH Programmes
- Possess good quantitative/qualitative analysis skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Planning, coordination and organizational skills
- Travel to state(s) may be requiredExpected results /deliverables
- Weekly report
- Period of performance/length of contract/level of Effort (LoE): 1 years
- 20% of time is expected for travelling the states
31st March, 2017.