Job Title: Technical Officer - Health Informatics
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- The Technical Officer Health Informatics, under the supervision of Senior Technical Officer (Health Informatics) is responsible for management of the FHI360 project electronic databases including LAMIS, NOMIS, DHIS, IHRIS and Referral Database.
- His duties will include Software development, Database Administration, Data Confidentiality and Security, Data Processing and Analysis, Database Design and Development, Hardware and Software Technical and Managerial Support.
The Technical Officer Health Informatics is also required to perform the following duties.
- Modifies the software application according to user feedback and reporting requirements. Compiles a comprehensive tracking of all user feedback reports and error logs for consideration in subsequent upgrades.
- Experience with Android mobile app development, PHP, and Visual C# programming languages will be an added advantage.
- Administers and maintains electronic databases. Modifies the database to accommodate increasing data collection requirements. Monitor, optimize and performs backup and recovery of all databases.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure the security of the DBMS and data. Supports and provides technical assistance to all FHI360 supported sites implementing the electronic database. Coordinates data management issues (e.g., deletion of records, query management, report generation) within the data users group.
- He/she must experience with Relational Database Management Systems (RDDMS) administration and programming such as SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, and MS Access.
- Develops policies to ensure the security and confidentiality of the project’s identifiable health data.
- Monitors staff compliance with confidentiality policies to ensure that security standards are met.
- Develops standardized programming and data documentation procedures relevant to the program data systems.
- Trains and supervises others in specific data processing and design tasks. Assists in data analysis using various statistical and database packages.
- Responsible for archiving research-related data and programs.
- Assists in writing proposals by drafting technical data-related sections and participating in work plan development.
- Assists in development of data procedural protocols, update, and reviews. Participates in project scheduling.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Assists project team in preparing project results for presentation at regional or national conferences, and in preparing articles for publication, with some supervision.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Health Informatics or related field; Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant data systems work, programming and analytic experience; Familiarity with client/server or multi-platform application development.
- She/he must also have a minimum of 4 years experience in the development of web and mobile applications using Java programming language and related technologies.
31st March, 2017.