We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Windows Server System Administrator
- The System Administrator will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- This individual will participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- This will individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and partners.
- Perform timely Patch management as per the Schedule.
- Deployment of Monthly MS Fixes / Patches
- Removal of Patches if issues occur
- OS software installation of non-mandatory patches and service packs
- Controlled Reboot of all systems after patch application
- Perform Change Management as per the process.
- Change Raising to facilitate incident resolution
- Change Review and Monitoring
- Change Management Reporting
- Change Review and Monitoring
- Change Raising to facilitate Problem resolution
- Responsible for preparing RCA document for Severity 1 & Severity 2 calls.
- Trend analysis of Capacity report
- Problem Management and RCA
- Trend analysis of tickets and recommendation of improvement
- Identifying problem areas and finding out ways to reduce that
- Trend analysis of availability report
- Documenting the changes in change management.
- Document the Incident Report in Incident Management Tools.
- Creating and updating of technical documentation.
- Antivirus management
- EPO administration
- Initiate Outbreak co-ordination team
- Troubleshooting of Antivirus Definitions
- Resolution of out of date Pattern files
- Cleaning, deleting and Quarantining affected files
- Management of Performance Monitoring Alerts (false positive)
- Monitoring and Logging for Security violations
- Bi-annual capacity report generation
- Reporting on outstanding Problem Records
- Generation of Monthly Service Level Report
- Generation of Monthly Patch Report.
- Windows OS & AD Incident/Production Management
- Installing, Configuring and Hardening of Windows Servers
- Installing, Configuring and Managing AD / DHCP / DNS Services.
- AD Replication monitoring and regular health checks to be performed
- Creating Group Policies and implementation as per standard procedures.
- RAID Configurations and Disk management utilities tools.
- Daily Operating System alert handling and response
- Quarterly / half yearly password maintenance and scheduling
- Ticket Status Check and Update
- Respond to False Positive Alerts
- Incident Escalation and Progress Monitoring
- Handling Sev1 Incidents reported by automated alerts
- Handling Sev2 Incidents reported by automated alerts
- Monitoring of DHCP Scopes
- Change and Deletion of DHCP scope entries
- Change and Deletion of DHCP Scopes
- Management of IP Reservations
- Maintenance of DHCP Scope Options
- Management of DHCP Incidents and Alerts
- Perform Security Health Check of Windows servers and other compliance related activities.
- The setup and maintenance of new infrastructure of Windows 2012, Windows 2008 Server Edition, Domain Controller, DNS Servers, DHCP Servers, File Server,
- Controlled shutdown and restart of services and dependencies
- Console operations – verify system availability
- Monthly check of assets against CMDB
- High Systems Availability.
- Reduced Complaints from End Users.
- Timely Incident Re
- Timely Recovery from Disaster
- End Users’ Competence in System Usage.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or HND In Information Technology, Computer Science/Engineering, or related discipline.
- Windows System/Server Administration Professional Certification would be an added advantage.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Extensive knowledge of PC/server hardware and software maintenance
- Experience with physical (Dell, HP, IBM) and virtual (VMware/Hyper-V/ Citrix) servers
- Proficient with Windows Active Directory services
- Proficient with TCP/IP network protocols
- Familiarity with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Familiarity with Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Familiarity with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- A Minimum of 5yrs Experience in Windows Server Administration.
- Good understanding GPOs, DNS, DC, MS Azure, WINS Resolution,
- Maintenance and review of application admin accounts
- Maintenance of Hardware Monitoring Agents
- Maintenance of Hardware Management Packs (SCOM).
- Maintenance and review of operating system admin accounts
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Assertive and driven
- Resilient and committed
- Inspires and nurtures growth
- Integrity and ethics.
- Travel within and Outside Nigeria may be required.
Location: MRS Tincan, Lagos
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's (PDF format) to: email@example.com