We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to standardize and scale every aspect of quality education delivery, from how and where academies are built to how teachers are selected and trained, and how lessons are delivered and monitored for improvement.
Job Title: Academic Director
- Advocating for learning outcomes and serving as an in-country academic consultant for other departments
- Leading execution and interdepartmental coordination of the core academic program
- Providing feedback to the Curriculum team, in order to improve learning outcomes and culturally contextualize what is taught
- Representing Bridge with key national stakeholders, including the Ministry of Education and other government education officials
- Conducting necessary market and regulatory research to inform instructional systems and policies (timetable, teacher specialty configurations, retention policies, exam policy, placement policy)
- Managing the Academics team based in Nigeria: Curriculum, Field Work, Measurement and Evaluation (M&E), Instructional Leadership, Innovation
- The Academic Director, Nigeria, will report the Country Director and Global Academic Director.
- The Academic Director, Nigeria must be a data-driven individual with experience developing and managing cultures of high performance and high expectations.
- You must be a great academic leader who understands exceptional instruction and can motivate and support others in realizing a vision of academic excellence.
- Ideal candidates have worked in organizations with a proven track record of generating large learning gains.
- Be an effective, articulate communicator who can represent Bridge to external audiences
- Be a self-starter and problem-solver, who thinks three and four steps ahead.
- Be hard working and collaborative, with the tenacity to plow through challenges and an appreciation for teamwork toward achieving a shared vision.
- Be both detailed and results-oriented, driven by the data that will allow us to know what is working and what isn’t working for kids.
- Be humble, ready to “roll up your sleeves” to get things done
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field, graduate degrees preferred
- 10 years’ experience working in education. 2 or more years of teaching experience with evidence of outsized student learning gains is an added advantage.
- Experience working in the education sector in Nigeria
Location: Lagos, Nigeria