Job Title: Accountant
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel, and direct their work activities.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Work as Internal Revenue Service agents.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Support internal and external auditing function for businesses.
- Advise management in areas such as compensation, employee health care benefits, the design of accounting and data processing systems, and long-range tax and estate plans.
- Appraise, evaluate, and inventory real property and equipment, recording information such as the property's description, value, and location.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditure.
- University degree in a financial discipline or a professional qualification.
- Chartered Accountant status is required but not mandatory
- At least 5 years of overall professional experience in a reputable organization.
- Technology savvy with experience in the use of accounting and reporting software
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making