Job Title: Admin Officer
- The Admin Officer in the NRC field office in Maiduguri, borno State, Nigeria will Coordinate and provide administrative support to the NRC field office in Maiduguri and hence support NRC in achieving its goal of reaching out to the most vulnerable internally displaced people.
- The Admin Officer reports to the HR/Admin Manager.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Implement and maintain NRC’s administrative systems and procedures, and supervise the administration team
- Implement and maintain a filing system for all administrational documents according to procedures
- Ensure a well-functioning reception, clean office premises and general follow up of the NRC office and houses/apartments and ensure that utility bills are paid
- Coordinate staff ID card and Business Card Request in a timely manner
- Booking of hotel Accommodation and guest house reservation for National and Expatriate staff
- Managing the field office calendar of meetings and key activities
- Start up and maintenance of NRC facilities (offices and guesthouses)
- Providing Administrative support to the office
- Timely requests for office stationaries and management of the office store and proper issuance of stock requests
- Monthly stock reports and updating of stock cards
- Follow up with flight booking and travel arrangement for visiting staff
- Management of the office conference room for meetings, interviews, trainings e.t.c
- Providing administrative support for trainings
- Raising of purchase requests for specific admin purchases
- Management of office/guest house rental contracts and utility bills.
- Minimum 2 years of experience from working as an Admin Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- University Degree in Management Science, Administration, Social Science or any other relevant field
- Advanced degree would be an additional advantage
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Significant experience in office support/administration in an NGO setting
- Contextual knowledge of north east Nigeria (Borno State) preferred.
- Strong communication, coordination and representational skills.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English & Hausa, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license/ National means of Identification.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: 25th May 2017
- Contract period: 31 December 2017 (with possibility of extension)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
21st April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application letter and updated CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org The title of the position (Admin Officer) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any application submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
- Shortlisting will be done on a roll in basis, candidates are advised to apply on time
- The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position.
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.