The principal mission is to strengthen local individual and institutional capacity to conduct independent, rigorous inquiry into problems pertinent to the management of Sub-Saharan African economies through synergistic programmes combining economic research with postgraduate training in economics.
Title: CMAAE MSc Scholarships for 2017/2018
- The Collaborative Masters in Agricultural and Applied Economics (CMAAE) is one of three postgraduate programmes of AERC.
- Currently, 17 departments of Agricultural Economics of public universities in 12 countries in Eastern, Central and Southern Africa participate in the programme.
- The students enroll in any of the 8 accredited university departments of Agricultural Economics (see application procedure below) for the first two semesters to take core courses before the successful ones converge at a Shared Facility for Specialization and Elective (SFSE) to undertake elective courses in the third semester, usually at the University of Pretoria.
- In its 3-year programme, our funding agency, in co-operation with the CMAAE Programme of AERC, is offering up to 50 in-region scholarships for the Master of Science Programme in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Must be nationals of Ghana, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda or Ethiopia;
- Must have attained a First Class or a Second Class Honours (Upper Division) degree in Agricultural Economics or related field from a recognized university;
- Must be willing to work in their country government ministries/ institutions upon graduation.
- Applicants of Ghana, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda or Ethiopia can apply for these scholarships.
- Applicants must have a First Class or a Second Class Honours (Upper Division) degree.
- Applicants should have a good command in the English language.
15th June, 2017.
Click Here to apply online
Applicant should upload the following documents via the AERC scholarships
application portal above:
- Scholarship application letter;
- Curriculum vitae;
- MSc admission letter or temporary/provisional admission letter, or an official letter assuring admission with fee structure;
- Certified copies of University transcripts and certificates;
- Academic reference from at least a Senior Lecturer;