Technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and international focus have been our hallmarks for 165 years, making us strong and linking us to our shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust.
Job Title: Country Business Unit Lead
- Analyzes specific market conditions and builds a sound market related network of stakeholders.
- Provides information via Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools for forecasts and planning.
- Spots opportunities for local product and service portfolio solutions.
- Prepares customer contact, builds and maintains a customer focused network.
- Prepares / coordinates and negotiates proposals in cooperation with proposal mgmt / other involved professionals and management.
- Coordinates the realization of assignments, may coordinate and contribute to set up respective product developments, projects or services programs.
- Completes sales and revenue related key reporting.
- Contributes to the development of After-Market business in the region.
- May act as a point of contact to customers in commercial matters and influences collaboration within the organization to secure customer support.
- Oversees the delivery of professional and efficient faultfinding, repair and commissioning services to Digital Factory customers throughout Nigeria.
- Ensures efficient delivery of after-sales requirements to customers in key industries (esp. Cement, FMCG, O&G, etc.)
- Oversees and coordinates service Sales, site activities and planning to ensure adequate service for customer installed base
- Ensures after sales services provided leads to reduced breakdown times and lowers customer costs
- Takes full responsibility for Environmental and H&S requirements for site personnel and ensures adequate ensure control measures in the field.
- Formulate, influence and implement strategies to monopolize relevant markets
- Analyses the T&D market to develop requisite business targets and strategy that address identified opportunities, issues, needs, processes and business drivers
- Keep up to date with local and global market trends, customer needs and future requirements, etc.
- Ensure that a detailed and sustainable sales strategy exists and is implemented into the business unit
- Derive strategic direction for the business and set suitable goals to achieve this strategy
- Participation in the identification of market potential and definition of innovative strategies
- Adaptation of business process (short/medium/long-term) in line with the strategic goals of the Business unit.
- Plans sales volumes and potentials of all customers in the assigned region.
- Responsible for strategic business planning and setting of appropriate budgets
- Accountable for profit and loss within the business unit
- Maintains forecast integrity and prepares management reports
- Financial responsibility for ongoing comparison of objectives and their achievement, consistent use of steering actions to achieve the targets of respective cost center(s).
- Generation of budget targets based on market data, company infrastructure and business development in order to define and control measures.
- Responsible for all people management activities, inclusive of mentoring, development and performance management with the aim of creating successful leaders within the Energy Management organization
- Selection, management, assessment and development of employees in the area of responsibility to ensure long-term target achievement with motivated staff.
- Responsible to ensure that the business unit is properly resourced with the right skills to fulfill business requirements
- Overall responsibility for ensuring effective Project Management, EHS and QM practices for all projects
- Assess and review status of projects with ultimate responsibility for project success
- Identification and defining of risk mitigation strategies by assessing current issues and potential risks and assist in implementing preventative/corrective measures
- Overall responsibility for compliance with statutory regulations within the DF CS business unit
- In particular responsible for due diligence in all business contracts in order to safeguard financial success and adherence to correct procedures.
- Compliance with Business Conduct Guidelines, circulars and policies
- Implementation of specific bench-marking to initiate continuous improvement.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical/ Electronics/ Instrumentation Engineering related course.
- Masters in Engineering/ Business/ Finance an advantage
- Work experience in the Cement or FMCG industries preferred
- Minimum of 10 - 15 years related work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite… PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to speak and read German/ French an added advantage
- Analytical, creative, outside-the-box thinker with excellent presentation and writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills and intercultural sensitivity